Thread: Congrats to Zemotion !!

Default Congrats to Zemotion !!

Congrats to Zemo for coming in FIRST in the Commonwealth Shooting Fed. Championship in Melbourne yesterday!

She set a new record of 500.1 (previous record was 498.8 in 1999 by India.
    For more details, read Straits Times (H11) Sports

Way to go girl!!

Still my fav photo of you:
    Last edited by SniperD; 15th March 2005 at 10:12 PM.

That's cool! Congrats!

We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

WAH.... so powderful siaz....
    :P

Congra!

WAY TO GO GIRL!

BTW, was it the Feinwerkbau rifle you were using? Kekekeke.....

Shooting: Singapore's Zhang breaks Commonwealth record in women's 10m air rifle

MELBOURNE : Zhang Jingna won Singapore's first gold medal at the Commonwealth Shooting Federation Championships (CSFC) in Melbourne on Monday.

The 16-year-old shattered the CSFC record in the women's individual 10-metre air rifle event with a final score of 500.1 points.

Anjali Bhagwat of India won the silver medal with a score of 498.7 points, while the bronze went to an Australian shooter.

The victory was sweeter for Zhang and teammate Vanessa Yong after they lost the gold medal to Anjali and her fellow shooter Chinmoy Pournim Zanane in the women's 10-metre air rifle pairs on Friday.

Zhang, however, took the gold badge in the pairs, which is awarded to the top individual shooter at the event.

Singapore's medal haul so far is one gold and two silvers. The other silver was won by Kenneth Tan and Ong Jun Hong in the men's 10-metre air rifle pairs. - CNA

Congrats!!

lol she looked so stoned in the newspaper article.

the part "she also happens to be a part-time model and wear glasses only when shooting" got me for a while. i was thinking "what kind of shooting?" lol

At last her hardwork paid off. After months of training and pressure to do well......she did it!

Congrats to z.......!!!!

wahh,,,,talented....

congrats..

Wah power sia. Can be markswoman sharp shooter liao. Congrats! Can consider a career as a sniper. Well done Zemotion.

Congrats Zemotion!!! You did us proud. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Can consider a career as a sniper.
    erm...IMO air rifle/pistol is very differnet from sniper rifle that shoot with live ammo. from my experience, air rifle/pistol requires much higher level of concentration and precision. Although the range is much shorter (10m vs 800m), air rifle/pistol got to shoot without any support, so the arm got to be very steady.

On the other hand, sniper rifle got to shoot with support. If you try shooting without support the next thing u see is that the round will fly up the sky because the recoil will push your body backward.

sniper is more than shooting alone, got to shoot in an open terrain where the external environment like wind direction, altitude, terrain are unpredictable and keep changing. You got to wait for the target to popup and then u got to take aim and shoot within one second, so it is more on the timing than accuracy.

Take myself as example, I never fail to get at least 80% score for my sniper marksman test, but when come to air pistol and rifle, i can score as low as 20% guess i drink too much coffee last time...
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    erm...IMO air rifle/pistol is very differnet from sniper rifle that shoot with live ammo. from my experience, air rifle/pistol requires much higher level of concentration and precision. Although the range is much shorter (10m vs 800m), air rifle/pistol got to shoot without any support, so the arm got to be very steady.

On the other hand, sniper rifle got to shoot with support. If you try shooting without support the next thing u see is that the round will fly up the sky because the recoil will push your body backward.

sniper is more than shooting alone, got to shoot in an open terrain where the external environment like wind direction, altitude, terrain are unpredictable and keep changing. You got to wait for the target to popup and then u got to take aim and shoot within one second, so it is more on the timing than accuracy.

Take myself as example, I never fail to get at least 80% score for my sniper marksman test, but when come to air pistol and rifle, i can score as low as 20% guess i drink too much coffee last time...
    hehehe

yup, i would agree... it's easier to shoot an M16 and score than to score at an air rifle competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Wai

both r equally tough,
    it depends on ur training n aptitude.

sounds like a sniper, u one?

has SAF bought any Remington YET?
    promise made dyring the good old L4A1 days.

congrats zemo

haha omg sorry just saw today~~ thanks everyone ._.
    thanks thanks ^^

and yeah i was using a feinwerkbau p700!! XD

Congratulations! Well done

congrats!