Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Australia safe.

And to the point of 'wearing simple'. It pays if u that kind of 'poor' look. Thieves wun even give u a 2nd look.

I think you must declare your notebook (IF you are bring any) at the Australian customs. I went to Perth last year and was told by the customs officers that i need to declare it.

Australia is in general quite safe. But no matter which country you travel to, it pays to apply some common sense.

- be aware of the valuables you carry around with you
    - be aware of your surroundings
    - never leave any bag/valuables in your car in full view
    - if you're gonna leave something in the boot of your car, put it in the boot before you arrive at your destination

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    I think you must declare your notebook (IF you are bring any) at the Australian customs. I went to Perth last year and was told by the customs officers that i need to declare it.
    I've flown into Australia several times with my laptop with no problem. You do not need to declare your laptop - especially since you're a tourist (the declaration is for locals bringing in valuable items recently bought overseas)

More info - Visitors including business people and students can bring such items as desktop or laptop computers and similar electronic equipment duty free into Australia provided Customs is satisfied these items are intended to be taken with them on departure.
    Last edited by gooseberry; 16th March 2005 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gooseberry

I've flown into Australia several times with my laptop with no problem. You do not need to declare your laptop - especially since you're a tourist (the declaration is for locals bringing in valuable items recently bought overseas)

More info - Visitors including business people and students can bring such items as desktop or laptop computers and similar electronic equipment duty free into Australia provided Customs is satisfied these items are intended to be taken with them on departure.
    Wah lao, like tat that customs office see me buay song.

I meant the labtop had to be carried in the hand or shown to the customs officer. Cannot put in your backpack.

Australia is in general quite safe. But no matter which country you travel to, it pays to apply some common sense.

- be aware of the valuables you carry around with you
    - be aware of your surroundings
    - never leave any bag/valuables in your car in full view
    - if you're gonna leave something in the boot of your car, put it in the boot before you arrive at your destination
    These are common sense things to do anywhere you visit. It is just in SG, that we lower our guard since the theft rate is lower but theft still occurs in SG.

I've flown in and out of Melbourne 10-12 times all with a laptop. No question asked. They just need to see that you have a return ticket. This is the same when I visited US.

tks to all replies..

cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12