Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Barton 1972 Leather Straps - A User Review

Quote Originally Posted by Errz

must be he hanging his XE1 + leica lens around his neck lah... ppl see liao sure want chop carrot
    Haha. I see d sign board on d camera says 72,000 baht for d d600.
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

Default Re: Barton 1972 Leather Straps - A User Review

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    Haha. I see d sign board on d camera says 72,000 baht for d d600.
    Haha... I agree with Bro Errz... They see you must be rich rich so try to chop your carrot head... Haha...:P
    Nikon & Leica

Quote Originally Posted by Far far away

Haha... I agree with Bro Errz... They see you must be rich rich so try to chop your carrot head... Haha...:P
    Well. Not interested in d d600. Haha. I bought d latest version of CV 15mm f/4.5 asph 2 lens today. Great price of less than sgd 700 bucks after conversion n VAT rebate. Brand new n last set I can find after running thru some renowned n recommended camera shops introed by bro tntrue. Tks.

Tested d lens. Omg. Damned sharp wide open n IQ is great. Covered my UWA lens. Cheers.
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

Well. Not interested in d d600. Haha. I bought d latest version of CV 15mm f/4.5 asph 2 lens today. Great price of less than sgd 700 bucks after conversion n VAT rebate. Brand new n last set I can find after running thru some renowned n recommended camera shops introed by bro tntrue. Tks.

Tested d lens. Omg. Damned sharp wide open n IQ is great. Covered my UWA lens. Cheers.
    Must be a good buy to see you so happy! How much is that lens selling for in Singapore?

Now what you need is a brand new Barton strap to go with your chi chi camera!!! BBB!!! :P
    Nikon & Leica

Must be a good buy to see you so happy! How much is that lens selling for in Singapore?

Now what you need is a brand new Barton strap to go with your chi chi camera!!! BBB!!! :P
    I last heard ard 800plus for d ASPH 2 version. BnS copies selling ard 700 for a few months used set.

Can't find Barton straps here. Sadly. Billingham bags here r overpriced too. Sadly too.

I last heard ard 800plus for d ASPH 2 version. BnS copies selling ard 700 for a few months used set.

Can't find Barton straps here. Sadly. Billingham bags here r overpriced too. Sadly too.
    Oh I see! Got international warranty for that???

Haha... Come back Singapore buy lah. Support local economy. Think Billingham bags are expensive everywhere except UK and HK.

Maybe another brand like Wotancraft??? More poison for you!!!! =P

Camera Bags by WOTANCRAFT ATELIER | Facebook
    Nikon & Leica

Oh I see! Got international warranty for that???

Haha... Come back Singapore buy lah. Support local economy. Think Billingham bags are expensive everywhere except UK and HK.

Maybe another brand like Wotancraft??? More poison for you!!!! =P

Camera Bags by WOTANCRAFT ATELIER | Facebook
    One year I think. I'm still preferring billingham over wotancraft. Haha. But Barton strap is a must haf. Can't get it here in bkk. Gotta go bk sg n get it. Only poison for now as Leica stuff here oso overpriced. Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth

One year I think. I'm still preferring billingham over wotancraft. Haha. But Barton strap is a must haf. Can't get it here in bkk. Gotta go bk sg n get it. Only poison for now as Leica stuff here oso overpriced. Haha
    Ah one year is good. Though it is likely you will never need that. Good buy!

Billingham and A&A are becoming a bit mass market to me now. Haha... Wotancraft's designs are really nice, rugged and sturdy. My friend have the Ranger bag and the camera insert is really good! Water proof and really well padded. That is one bag you drop into the sea it will float up and still keep your camera totally dry! The same cannot be said of Billingham and A&A which I think if dropped into water will just sink with our heavy camera and lenses inside. Heard that the insert is made using the same material used for military hovercrafts.

Yes time to get your M!!! :P
    Nikon & Leica

Ah one year is good. Though it is likely you will never need that. Good buy!

Billingham and A&A are becoming a bit mass market to me now. Haha... Wotancraft's designs are really nice, rugged and sturdy. My friend have the Ranger bag and the camera insert is really good! Water proof and really well padded. That is one bag you drop into the sea it will float up and still keep your camera totally dry! The same cannot be said of Billingham and A&A which I think if dropped into water will just sink with our heavy camera and lenses inside. Heard that the insert is made using the same material used for military hovercrafts.

Yes time to get your M!!! :P
    U sound as if d wotancraft bags r like safety buoy. Lol.

I still prefer billingham classic look n useability.

Leica M not launched yet leh.

U sound as if d wotancraft bags r like safety buoy. Lol.

I still prefer billingham classic look n useability.

Leica M not launched yet leh.
    Haha... Yeah if you see one you will agree with me!

True Billingham still wins in terms of the classic look. Got another brand called Brady Bags and that is quite similar to Billingham except that their material is even better. Can go check it out.

Waiting for you to buy the M so that I can molest it!!!
    Nikon & Leica

Haha... Yeah if you see one you will agree with me!

True Billingham still wins in terms of the classic look. Got another brand called Brady Bags and that is quite similar to Billingham except that their material is even better. Can go check it out.

Waiting for you to buy the M so that I can molest it!!!
    Lynn will let u molest it when it arrives at click.

Is it cheaper to get it locally or order via the barton website?
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

Quote Originally Posted by icarus View Post
    Think buy locally is slightly more expensive. However can view the straps physically and match with your camera plus no need to wait for one week plus for the strap to arrive as well. Worth that extra bit lah.

If I want something I will want it NOW rather then to have that "carrot" hanging in front of me and having to constantly check whether it arrived liao! Plus later the postman arrive but no one at home still need to go Post Office to collect at a later time some more. Very troublesome! use a bit of money to save time and efforts quite worth it lah. My 2 cents!
    Last edited by Far far away; 20th January 2013 at 10:38 AM.
    Nikon & Leica

Think buy locally is slightly more expensive. However can view the straps physically and match with your camera plus no need to wait for one week plus for the strap to arrive as well. Worth that extra bit lah.

If I want something I will want it NOW rather then to have that "carrot" hanging in front of me and having to constantly check whether it arrived liao! Plus later the postman arrive but no one at home still need to go Post Office to collect at a later time some more. Very troublesome! use a bit of money to save time and efforts quite worth it lah. My 2 cents!
    Agree. Will get it at millennia walk next week. Haha

Buy from BBK got warranty or not?

Not scaring you, but some batches of Voigtlander lenses has some issue and better to get locally with full local warranty. Not much more than what you have paid for. Retail price here for a CV15asphII before negotiation is on $760. You can probably get it around $700 here but with full warranty.

This lens is also quite common in BNS, typically trading at $600-$680 for perfectly mint set.

Good lens I must say, if it is a good set, this is one of the best lens from Voigtlander.

Agree. Will get it at millennia walk next week. Haha
    Haha... Go go get it!

Quote Originally Posted by ZoomZ View Post
    Buy from BBK got warranty or not?

Not scaring you, but some batches of Voigtlander lenses has some issue and better to get locally with full local warranty. Not much more than what you have paid for. Retail price here for a CV15asphII before negotiation is on $760. You can probably get it around $700 here but with full warranty.

This lens is also quite common in BNS, typically trading at $600-$680 for perfectly mint set.

Good lens I must say, if it is a good set, this is one of the best lens from Voigtlander.
    Think Bro Thoth informed that there is a one year warranty for the lens in an earlier post. Cos I asked the same question too. Haha..
    Nikon & Leica

Quote Originally Posted by icarus View Post
    Hi Icarus, buying online or locally is about the same.
    The price difference is relatively negligible, which is the reason why I bought locally at the shop.
    Nothing beats a brick and mortar shop with good service and the opportunity to try, feel and test before buying!

Quote Originally Posted by Thedraperyfalls View Post
    Hi Icarus, buying online or locally is about the same.
    The price difference is relatively negligible, which is the reason why I bought locally at the shop.
    Nothing beats a brick and mortar shop with good service and the opportunity to try, feel and test before buying!
    Agree!

Anyway, more poison!

Looks like I have to go spend some money from my bonus liao... :/
    Nikon & Leica

. . . . . and great service from both David and Rina.

Thanks.
    Amateurs worry about gear. Pros worry about money. Masters worry about light.

Just got one over the weekend at good goods. Happy owner of a Barton strap. Heard price might be going up soon. So get it while you can. BBB.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast