Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: How to increasr magnification for macro photograohy?

  1. #21

    Default Re: How to increasr magnification for macro photograohy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xie Zhichun View Post
    The raynox seems to make the picture become quite blur if I use extension tube the auto focus will not work anymore right ?
    I suspect that your DOF is too shallow. Note that it is better to use manual focus rather then auto when shooting macro.

  2. #22
    Member Xie Zhichun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Yup I'm only using f2.8 because I do not have any flash with me except the one inbuilt in the 7d so I did not use a higher Aperture..

  3. #23

    Default Re: How to increasr magnification for macro photograohy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xie Zhichun View Post
    Yup I'm only using f2.8 because I do not have any flash with me except the one inbuilt in the 7d so I did not use a higher Aperture..
    You can try work around the problem by increasing your ISO instead. Unless, its already at its limit.

  4. #24

    Default Re: How to increasr magnification for macro photograohy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xie Zhichun View Post
    The raynox seems to make the picture become quite blur if I use extension tube the auto focus will not work anymore right ?
    The closer you are, the more shallow is your DOF. Those shots are just comparison shots for a friend who asked about magnification for raynox. That is how it affects the DOF too as the focusing distance is reduced.

    If at 1:1 (30cm) with f2.8 is not giving you enough DOF, 2:1 with f2.8 will be much worse. What you need is to use a much smaller aperture to get more of your subject in focus.

  5. #25
    Member Xie Zhichun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmike

    The closer you are, the more shallow is your DOF. Those shots are just comparison shots for a friend who asked about magnification for raynox. That is how it affects the DOF too as the focusing distance is reduced.

    If at 1:1 (30cm) with f2.8 is not giving you enough DOF, 2:1 with f2.8 will be much worse. What you need is to use a much smaller aperture to get more of your subject in focus.
    Ic, I just started macro I do not have the proper equipment yet. Any affordable flash to recommend for macro?

  6. #26
    Member jsprtan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CEntral
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xie Zhichun
    Yup I'm only using f2.8 because I do not have any flash with me except the one inbuilt in the 7d so I did not use a higher Aperture..
    2.8 very shallow, the recommended is f16 for 1:1macro. It will get worst at higher magnification the lens may even block off the lights. Best Get a flash and find a way to diffuser the light properly. Set the ISO at around 200 to 400 so that you get some ambient light too.
    Shoot First, Ask Questions Later...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jas_works/

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xie Zhichun View Post

    Ic, I just started macro I do not have the proper equipment yet. Any affordable flash to recommend for macro?
    A regular flash will do, spend more effort on making your flash diffuser.

  8. #28

    Default Re: How to increasr magnification for macro photograohy?

    Quote Originally Posted by Xie Zhichun View Post
    Ic, I just started macro I do not have the proper equipment yet. Any affordable flash to recommend for macro?
    Go check out the macro forum. Some of them are using 270ex with DIY diffuser.

  9. #29
    Member Xie Zhichun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    229

    Default

    May I understand more on diffuser? If someone can explain to me thanks

  10. #30
    Member jsprtan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    CEntral
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xie Zhichun
    May I understand more on diffuser? If someone can explain to me thanks
    Just go and join a macro outing
    Shoot First, Ask Questions Later...
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jas_works/

  11. #31
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: How to increasr magnification for macro photograohy?

    Quote Originally Posted by jsprtan View Post
    Just go and join a macro outing
    L O L
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  12. #32
    Senior Member luckyorange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    2,843
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jsprtan View Post

    Just go and join a macro outing
    This is a good idea, can learn while shooting. If don't know just ask...
    Lousy de My Flickr

  13. #33

    Default Re: How to increasr magnification for macro photograohy?

    Diffusing the light is one thing. Controlling your flash output is another.

  14. #34

    Red face Re: How to increasr magnification for macro photograohy?

    Quote Originally Posted by megaweb View Post
    To achieve 1:1 magnification, set your lens to Manual Focus and turn the focusing ring to minimum distance. Move your camera and lens to focus the object till sharp and snap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Yeah but that's not what he's asking. :-)
    He is the sifu.

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/macro...-ups-faqs.html

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •