KNOWLEDGE BOWL School of Photography
ARCHITECTURE & INTERIOR PHOTOGRAPHY COURSE
*** HAVE FUN Appreciating structures through the Viewfinder ***
Buildings and interiors are all around. The architects and interior designers craft the spaces into desirable habitats. These spaces need the knowledge, creative mindset and understanding of the photographer to create the image.
The course focuses on the objectives of the client to build upon the knowledge of the architectural and interior photography. The practical lessons present the students the real situation they will face during the shoot.
The instructor is a professional photographer who graduated from NUS's department of architecture.
February Intake (Available)
Lesson 1: 26th February 2013, Tuesday, 7.00pm to 10.00pm
Lesson 2: 2nd March 2013, Saturday, 8.00am to 10.00am (Architectural Practical)
Lesson 3: 9th March 2013, Saturday, 2.00pm to 4.00pm (Interior Practical)
Lesson 4: 12th March 2013, Tuesday, 7 pm to 9pm
S$200, 4 lessons
Tan Kian Teck, Professional Photographer
190 Middle Road #04-28 Fortune Centre Singapore 188979
Introduction to equipments
- Type of cameras
- The need for camera movements or lens movements
- Lens used for 35mm camera
- Converging lens
- The importance of the tripod
- Lighting equipment needed (strobe, flash meter)
- Film vs. digital
- The use of digital to correct perspectives
- The work of the architects
- Knowing the objectives of your client (the developer or the architect)
- Using the design drawings
- Knowing the building (site visit to the building)
- Knowing the weather and light fall on the building.
- Composing the photos
- The use of polarizing filter
- Setting the viewpoint Lesson 3: Architectural Practical session
- The works of interior designers
- Knowing the objectives of your client (interior designers)
- Using the drawings
- Kind of lighting in interior (daylight, fluorescent, tungsten)
- Balancing mix lighting interior
- Styling the interior
- Composing the photos, symmetry, law of thirds, line dynamics
- Using flash or strobe to balance problem interior
Outdoor Architecture Practical session
Interior Practical session
Students to critique on the practical lessons.
If you are keen to join the class, kindly email to Siew Lan at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and contact number to register.
You can shoot pictures like the ones below. It is not difficult, that is if you want to learn the new skills. You can DO IT!