Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stopped by the police

i think they scare of terrorist attack like the mrt case...
    i ever went to Hongkong last sep... and i was using my DV and cam as well to take the external part of a shopping mall beside wong taisin temple.. 2 sercurity guard came out and stopped me... i think they practice no photography to all..

Quote Originally Posted by eric69
    Haha.. It's the same on MRT stations nowadays. Last month, I went backpacking and decided to take the MRT from my place to the airport. This security saw me, the moment I acrossed the gentry, asked me to stop. I was carrying my 45 Litres backpack bag on my back, and a day-pack on my chest. He told he that he wanted to check both my bags. Upon opening my backpack, he asked me to remove the contents from my 45litres bag. I told him he must be joking becos I spent so much time packing them, and I insisted that I won't remove the contents. I guess he got no choice but to just look through my day-pak and let me go. This MRT security is plain crap.
    FYI the security actually has the power to arrest you if you do not cooperate.

Quote Originally Posted by zha
    and I also think that removing dustbins from the train station is crap too!! Goodness!! *shakes head*
    Yup Yup!! how to keep singapore clean and green??!! if u cant even find dustbins in mrt ?

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by spraylord
    FYI the security actually has the power to arrest you if you do not cooperate.
    are you sure such guards at MRT stations have the power to arrest?
    Last edited by reachme2003; 16th March 2005 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by radedward
    No, they didn't tell me to stop me from taking further pics. They just recorded my particulars and told me why they stopped me; because they wanted to know why I was taking pictures in the first place.
    Would any terrorist reply "Oh, thanks for asking. Actually, I'm surveying the place so that I can bomb the building." when questioned?

Quote Originally Posted by tkkoh
    Would any terrorist reply "Oh, thanks for asking. Actually, I'm surveying the place so that I can bomb the building." when questioned?
    Well... you can try that and see what the reaction of the security officer would be?

or you could just full blast a flash in his face and run away

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123