Thread: Night shoot near City Hall

Default Night shoot near City Hall

Some evening and night pictures around City Hall area. Taken with Fuji S602. Feel free to comment.

Last edited by azone; 20th August 2002 at 10:55 AM.

More..

Last edited by azone; 20th August 2002 at 10:55 AM.

Whoa!!! The sunset of the first image is almost unreal!!! nice.

I think for the high street one, its better to include more of the top part instead of showing an empty junction.

Azone, did you go with Megaweb?

At the same time, after 12 sec worth of exposure, was there any problem with "noise"?

Or did you use any software to remove the noise?

Kindly enlighten.
    Last edited by Wolfgang; 20th August 2002 at 08:22 PM.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Originally posted by Kit
    Whoa!!! The sunset of the first image is almost unreal!!! nice.

I think for the high street one, its better to include more of the top part instead of showing an empty junction.
    Thanks! Hmm.. ok, will try some different composition next time round.

Originally posted by Wolfgang
    Azone, did you go with Megaweb?

At the same time, after 12 sec worth of exposure, was there any problem with "noise"?

Or did you use any software to remove the noise?

Kindly enlighten.
    Yup, went with mega. Nope, so far i have no problem with noise with even 15 secs exposure. All the pics are only resized and applied some USM.

Fastbreak
    Guests

Azone, the nite shots are particularly good, since I am also using a 602Z, I think I have yet to use it to the fullest to achieve the shots you've made. Gonna keep trying!

Could u help me out a bit here:
    1. When I take long exposures of up to 15 sec, f11, I get hot pixels appearing. Not a whole lot, about 10-15. Does it happen to yours shots? I experience that in manual mode. It is worse it other modes such as P or S, as the 3 sec exp in nite shoots yield a horrific number of hot pixels, more than 80!

2. How did you achieve/take the white balance for the shots? Auto?

3. How was this frame with a drop shadow created (I assume PS?). Could u tell/point to me the steps?

Really appreciate your help! Thanks

Originally posted by Fastbreak
    Azone, the nite shots are particularly good, since I am also using a 602Z, I think I have yet to use it to the fullest to achieve the shots you've made. Gonna keep trying!

Could u help me out a bit here:
    1. When I take long exposures of up to 15 sec, f11, I get hot pixels appearing. Not a whole lot, about 10-15. Does it happen to yours shots? I experience that in manual mode. It is worse it other modes such as P or S, as the 3 sec exp in nite shoots yield a horrific number of hot pixels, more than 80!

2. How did you achieve/take the white balance for the shots? Auto?

3. How was this frame with a drop shadow created (I assume PS?). Could u tell/point to me the steps?

Really appreciate your help! Thanks
    Thanks again for your comments.

1. I did not try long exposure using P mode. Quite useless since max is 3 secs. For 15 secs exposure, there is very very little noise so far. But i do notice that they'll increase a bit if i use the cam (doing long exposures) continuously for quite some time. I guess the heat generated does contribute to this effect.

2. There are 2 custom white balance that you can customise. I use a white paper for the 1st and a "not so white" paper for the other. I used the 2nd mode for that night as it seems to reflect the actual lighting most correctly.

3. Hmm.. hope i can still rem..
    - create a duplicate layer
    - view only this layer
    - Edit > Free transform, reduce the % of vertical and horozontal
    - select Layer > Layer style > Blending options, and play around with the Drop shadow section

hope this helps

Fastbreak
    Guests

Definitely helped, thanks!

I do need to clarify what you meant:

1. did you customize the white balance 1 and 2 using a non-reflective white paper under daylight or was it prepared before hand elsewhere?

2. Not so white meaning... grey? Thanks!

Originally posted by Fastbreak
    Definitely helped, thanks!

I do need to clarify what you meant:

1. did you customize the white balance 1 and 2 using a non-reflective white paper under daylight or was it prepared before hand elsewhere?

2. Not so white meaning... grey? Thanks!
    1. Yes, a normal piece of A4 white paper.

2. Yes, a little greyish.

Depends on your preference also. Try using different shades/tones of white paper to customise, then snap your room and see which one you like best.

some of the photos look orangish to me

Originally posted by azone

Yup, went with mega. Nope, so far i have no problem with noise with even 15 secs exposure. All the pics are only resized and applied some USM.
    I see. thanks.

Hey, next time have such a trip, jio leh.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"