Thread: ...sierra photography club - Ansel Adams

Default ...sierra photography club - Ansel Adams

Hiee.....

Just to share with everyone that I will be attending one of the monthly meeting of the San Diego Chapter of Sierra Photography club - Ansel Adams used to be the custodian of the Sierra Club when he was only 17 years old.

See what they have in Store......

Well....here is the website...in case anyone would like to get an idea on good nature photography places in the US...(high sierras....)

Sierra Photography club

regards,
    me

Default ...so what was there....

Hiee...

Yesterday was one of the most enriching day here during my stay in San Diego. I attended the Sierra Photo Club (san Diego Chapter) monthy meeting and really had a great evening.

The guest presenter on that day was Tim Meyer an expert in lightings (guru i can say...). One thing i learned from him is that there are 5 key surfaces in a humans face that helps to make a portrait a good one - the two cheeks, the forehead, the surface below the nose and the surface between the chin and the mouth.

He went through how we can use natural lightings to make a wedding portrait stand out. A good impact portrait will normally have lightings that alternates to emphasis depth and subject - one example :

e.g
    say a lady's portrait, the wall behind her right shoulder will be totally dark, but her right shoulder is lit with some light + her left shoulder is dark and the wall behind her left shoulderis lit with some lighting.....some sort of alternating kinda stuff......Ratio lighting is preferred at an angle to give a sense of 3d contour of the cheeks and the surface of the nose bridge....

During the meeting, they even have a members slide show.....wow...the photos were cool......On on evening i get to go to Alaska, Peru, Mono Lake(california),

One of the member shared photos taken ith the Nikon D1-H.....really good!!!!.....

So if anyone of you happen to visit San Diego in the middle of the month, they normally have a meeting mid of the month.......do visit them......

One more thing, after the meeting they have lucky draw.....some win $50 bucks voucher......National Geographis books.....ILFORD films........etc.....

Something i observe.......the way these people conduct the meeting is very fun and they are more keen in sharing images and not critique centered. They share location for photography and also organise free trips to places at each individual expense....

Hmm......

Okay.....remember.......check it out ifyou happen to be in San Diego....(looks like every state have their own chapter)....

regards,
    me