Thread: Any Recommeded VPN?

Default Any Recommeded VPN?

I am thinking of having a VPN Server, any recommended one? Does it affect the speed? Thanks ya!

Most of the cisco routers cum firewall comes with such function. But if u are looking for a separate firewall management, then go for fortinet or sonicwall or snapgear series. I have more experience with fortinet. The speed will also depend on your bandwidth. You will need a static ip for vpn to work. Hope this helps...

Quote Originally Posted by Hommie View Post
    I am thinking of having a VPN Server, any recommended one? Does it affect the speed? Thanks ya!
    What is a vpn server?

Try F5.....I do not have something else to benchmark against but can feel it's slightly slower...but if u go for today's fiber network...it should be a far cry as our adsl

Another one we ever evaluated was Juniper but most network vendor like Cisco and checkpoint should have something similar....the different will be price and maintenance renewal cost

Why pay when there is so much out there for free?
    And if you want to set up a service like that, you need a USA co-location, corporate bandwidth package, failover and load balanced servers, etc etc

I only use free vpn servers to the usa and europe (Tor) and it works like a charm.
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post

Why pay when there is so much out there for free?
    And if you want to set up a service like that, you need a USA co-location, corporate bandwidth package, failover and load balanced servers, etc etc

I only use free vpn servers to the usa and europe (Tor) and it works like a charm.
    How fast is the free VPN?

How fast is the free VPN?
    Quite fast.... I use it to download games from Steam in the USA when it's not unlocked for Singapore yet. I get about 6 megabytes per second.
    Alpha

Default Re: Any Recommeded VPN?

I used a US based VPN provider for purchasing from B&H. It is a usage based subscription, meaning I subscribed for 5GB and only need to renew when I exhausted my data plan. This suits my usage. However, if you need to be logged on for long durations, then perhaps one providing a time based plan may be more suitable for you.

PM me if you need a usage based subscription. I refrain from posting the provider here as China just banned such VPN services. I don't know if and when Singapore will adopt such restriction.