Thread: questions from a wannabe cartoonist...

Default questions from a wannabe cartoonist...

who will probably never really make it....

just curious....is it really possible for someone with zero talent at drawing to be able to actually draw something well(like a decent looking humanoid like figure) after like hours of practice?

think it would be a really good skill to have..being able to draw...just that at the moment i have like no skill in it at all...unlike my brother or grand-dad

go take up a course or something first... first and foremost you need passion.

do it for a year or so, you will realise whether you can make it or not.

at least try!

Quote Originally Posted by agentmonkey
    who will probably never really make it....

just curious....is it really possible for someone with zero talent at drawing to be able to actually draw something well(like a decent looking humanoid like figure) after like hours of practice?

think it would be a really good skill to have..being able to draw...just that at the moment i have like no skill in it at all...unlike my brother or grand-dad
    a word of advise, maybe u can start drawing someting like a bottle and a apple in 3d form, using cylindrical shapes and spheres as ur basic structure, and then slowly transform them into bottles and finally add the details in.

learn to draw in perspective format, isometrical format.

drawing someting humanoid will take some time. cuz even me now can only draw cars, which is the max for me now... and i take 4hrs to draw one... so different people have different abilities. BUT in terms of drawing, they are share a same factor in which u muz consider that u have what it takes...

the factor is the ability to visualise things... like photography.

(note: to learn to draw, start using a wooden pencil, learn to sketch some thing out. after u are ready, be confident and start drawing.... as time goes by, ur skill will gradually improve and u can start holding more professional items like charcoal "pencils" and start drawing.. Charcoal pens are very very very nice. they give a very nice tone to the picture... )