Thread: Some fruits

Default Some fruits

Hi seniors and fellow clubsnappers

I shot this image using my first shoot through umbrella and a reflected flash off a wall to provide background

all C&C welcome. I am not posting this image in the Critique corner as I have exceeded my weekly quota of 1 image already

image rights belong to me (badly shot image)
    fruits belong to my family...

C&C welcome please. don't hold back!
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Default Re: Some fruits

Actually if i just look at the photo itself, there is nothing bad about this photo and there is also nothing good about it. Just a very straight forward frontal shot - A bowl of fruits.

Then if we want to look at it as a product shoot, then i think there are quite some stuff to work on. I am no expert of product shoot.

Since you mentioned that it is a badly shot image, then you should have some awareness of how the picture fare.

i think firstly you should put effort to improve it, else no much people here would want to spend their time to give advice.

I will point out the very obvious and leave it to the seniors to give more pro advice.

The piece of plastic bag (?) on the left should not be inside the pic.

The Ang Pow packet also looks really out.

The fruit label on the left can be removed.

The plastic wrapping on the fruit can be removed.

The subject is not interesting. There's nothing appetizing for those fruits. Can try to mix fruits with other colors.

Can use a plain table cloth/mat instead of a reflective fruity table mat as i feel that it is quite distracting.

Big fruits over small fruits causing dark shadow over those at the bottom.

Hope it helps.

can spend a little more efforts to remove unwanted items and arrange the fruit nicely or not?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

thanks for advice. i will try harder. time is always a constraint on my side. i only knocked off at eleven yesterday .
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    thanks for advice. i will try harder. time is always a constraint on my side. i only knocked off at eleven yesterday .
    i feel the fruits still under, but overall it's a mess!

the table mat also quite distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    Bro, actually to be frank, no one force you to die die post this photo by midnight. Just take your time. Let's see your next shot soon.

Quote Originally Posted by OoStarDustoO View Post
    Bro, actually to be frank, no one force you to die die post this photo by midnight. Just take your time. Let's see your next shot soon.

I think you mean Cat not bro. lol.

anyway yea. u don't have to die die post the pic up, just take your time.

ok, now talk about the lighting, you won't able to have PURE white background if your subject is too close to the background.
    here the light flare back from the background, lower the contrast of your subject, you can adjust the exposure of your subject to be acceptable, but it will never be a good lighting for your subject.

for still life study, you can get texture color paper to use that as background.

here is a simple set up of table top product shot, you can replace the white background with color texture paper (from Art Friends or Fancy Paper), move the light more toward one side (left or right), you will able to create very interesting still life study.

don't be afraid of having shadows, highlight and shadow create texture, define forms, and it also creating mood. without highlight and shadow, picture will be very boring.

Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

picking out some things that should have been removed from the image:
    1: the plastic bag on the left of the image
    2: the sticker on the mango
    3: the red packet at the bottom of the bowl
    4: the fruit 'sock' wrapper thingy..

there's a slight loss of details from all the light in the image... perhaps it'll be better if you put a coloured background behind the bowl to bring out the colours of the fruits...

I think the pear could've been better arranged so the brown spot is not shown too..

have drawn something to show how I would've imagined it..

Fruit bowl
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Quote Originally Posted by OoStarDustoO View Post
    not a bro. i is a cat!

I only have time to shoot at night because i keep working and working bleahh
    i knocked off at 12 am earlier today. Time is very very very tight for me.

but I will be more deliberate for my next shoot, thank you all seniors for encouragement! especially Uncle Ben ! Really appreciate your sharing
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    i feel the fruits still under, but overall it's a mess!

the table mat also quite distracting.
    Right the table mat kinda works like a mirror, fruit atop fruit. And the window is too over blown, or not blown enough.