Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is my next camera ?

Default Re: What is my next camera ?

Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    buying a BMW wont make me a better driver, but i would definitely feel more "shiok" driving, not to mention the better stability as compared to say a Proton or Kia, Cherry QQ etc. LOL
    Ditto!!!

buying a BMW wont make me a better driver, but i would definitely feel more "shiok" driving, not to mention the better stability as compared to say a Proton or Kia, Cherry QQ etc. LOL
    that is correct, but only the driver have ever driven low end cars before than he will able to appreciate all the positives experiences that a luxury car can gives him.

btw, there is noting wrong to drive a big luxury car and don't know how to do parallel parking, in fact, it is really entertaining and lighten our day when we happen to see ones doing parallel parking.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

why worry? when you bang, there will be sound. you will definitely know.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    that is correct, but only the driver have ever driven low end cars before than he will able to appreciate all the positives experiences that a luxury car can gives him.
    btw, there is noting wrong to drive a big luxury car and don't know how to do parallel parking, in fact, it is really entertaining and lighten our day when we happen to see ones doing parallel parking.
    Ask yr chauffeur to park for you lor. LOL
    Anyway they are rich mah, don't mind about such trivial la.
    Valet parking also can

It is like...bought a D4 but don't know how to fix a lens? no problem, ask assistant to fix for you lor. Then after that you shoot like no tomorrow lor. Then pass it back to assistant to change lens lor......LOL

Can also ask assistant to photoshop the pictures.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Daoyin View Post
    Can also ask assistant to photoshop the pictures.
    ya lor.
    life is short. Dont worry too much. Feel like upgrading, just upgrade. Dont die regretting that you hv never hold a D4 or 1Dx or what hv you.
    Anyway, can both enjoy the hardware and learn the "software" at the same time what. Right? there is no rule saying that we must be a "Photographer" first before we can hold high end camera. Even if you really can't get the "software" right, also nevermind. Just enjoy the photo "taking" and dont worry about the photo "making". LOL

I want to buy a BMW and upgrade skill with the BMW which have so many good features to try on.

get a 50m 1.2
    35mm 1.4
    and lastly 11-16mm tokina since it is the best uwa for crop

Dont die regretting that you hv never hold a D4 or 1Dx or what hv you.
    You can also regret buying the D4.... I did, since I have not even used it yet! LOL.

selling ?

Quote Originally Posted by tpc304 View Post
    selling ?
    No, I'm sure I will use it one day.....

I am getting my D4 this month. Which is the ideal shop to buy. Grateful for advise here. Thank you.

I am getting my D4 this month. Which is the ideal shop to buy. Grateful for advise here. Thank you.
    There's no 'ideal' store, but there are many established camera stores that you could patronise, such as TKFoto, Cathay Photo, SLR Revolution and John 3:16 to name a few. If you are looking for the cheapest quote, you may have to drop by Funan to visit them or call them as the prices do change over time.

Thank for the advise.
    Anything that I must pay attention to beside the price? My budget is around 10K. What is the best combination of len. Can I use it with a Carl Zeiss len. Grateful for any advise.

Probably a D600, but will wait for Nikon ti fix the dust/oil issue first.
    D90+MB80, Tamron 28-75mm, Nikon 70-200mm VRII, D600, Nikon 28-300mm VR

Thank for the advise.
    Anything that I must pay attention to beside the price? My budget is around 10K. What is the best combination of len. Can I use it with a Carl Zeiss len. Grateful for any advise.
    There is no best combination or best lens - it depends on what your needs are. Do you need the fast fps and the high ISO capabilities of the D4? Do you need the massive resolution of the D800/E series? Do you desire the pinnacle in sharpness and resolution? Are you hitting a wall with your current gear?

I am going for sharpness for event and landscape. My D300 is not idea for low light without flash. I edit most of my shot in Photoshop Cs5. I was told that the Carl Zeiss len is on manual mode for D4 so it will not be ideal for event shooting. Thanks for your input.
    Last edited by tpc304; 6th March 2013 at 11:49 PM.

To TS, the best time to upgrade is when you have clocked 100k shutter count on your current camera. That's when people really begin to understand photography.
    D200

I changed my mind, I better get a D7100 instead.
    D90+MB80, Tamron 28-75mm, Nikon 70-200mm VRII, D600, Nikon 28-300mm VR

I went down to Cathay and got my D4 yesterday. Understand most of the gadget and uses, probably need to learn another 10 or more percent. Wondering whether there are class that conduct the D4 features.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast