Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Digi-cabi queries

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    44

    Default Digi-cabi queries

    Hi all,

    I just bought Digicabi AD-040 (40L) at IT show..

    I notice that the temperature display always shows 27 degree C.
    Is this normal (i.e. the temperature sensor is not working)?

    The RH% indicator does changing over time.
    I saw many threads saying that if you opened the door, the RH% supposed to be higher (so dun need to worry).
    But for my case, it gets lower!
    Before I open the door, it shows 53%. After I opened for awhile (1min), it shows 40%. Now I set the knob to B, and it shows 41% (it's been like 20mins).

    Is my indicator faulty? Anything to worry? This is my first experience with a dry cabinet and just tried it for 2 hours. :-)

    Lots of thanks.

  2. #2

    Default

    ur dry cabinet is working juz fine... u juz need sometime for it to condition itself.. juz make sure that when everything has been placed inside.. the humidity gauge shows between 45% to 55% can liao... adjust accordingly.

    and oso.. it takes a while oso to stablise again when after u've open and close the cabinet door.


    Quote Originally Posted by hleonz
    Hi all,

    I just bought Digicabi AD-040 (40L) at IT show..

    I notice that the temperature display always shows 27 degree C.
    Is this normal (i.e. the temperature sensor is not working)?

    The RH% indicator does changing over time.
    I saw many threads saying that if you opened the door, the RH% supposed to be higher (so dun need to worry).
    But for my case, it gets lower!
    Before I open the door, it shows 53%. After I opened for awhile (1min), it shows 40%. Now I set the knob to B, and it shows 41% (it's been like 20mins).

    Is my indicator faulty? Anything to worry? This is my first experience with a dry cabinet and just tried it for 2 hours. :-)

    Lots of thanks.
    Last edited by destiny_star; 13th March 2005 at 01:04 AM.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hleonz
    Hi all,

    I just bought Digicabi AD-040 (40L) at IT show..

    I notice that the temperature display always shows 27 degree C.
    Is this normal (i.e. the temperature sensor is not working)?

    The RH% indicator does changing over time.
    I saw many threads saying that if you opened the door, the RH% supposed to be higher (so dun need to worry).
    But for my case, it gets lower!
    Before I open the door, it shows 53%. After I opened for awhile (1min), it shows 40%. Now I set the knob to B, and it shows 41% (it's been like 20mins).

    Is my indicator faulty? Anything to worry? This is my first experience with a dry cabinet and just tried it for 2 hours. :-)

    Lots of thanks.

    i have the same dry cabinet as you. dun worry.
    leave it for 24 hours. then the next day look at the RH%. it should stablized by then. ( dun open and close for fun, of coz).
    what i do is, look at the readings everyday. if its around the 45%~55% range (10 o'clock direction) like what most CSer recommend, then ok liao.if not, adjust a bit clockwise ( to decrease ) or anti-clockwise ( to increase ).
    usually u open up and take something out, it should increase by around 5%~.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Notice that when the aircon is on for the whole night, the dry cabinet will get a low RH the next morning.
    For my case, for the whole day, it's stabilized at 48% RH, but after a night of aircon, the next morning it shows 34% RH.
    Does your dry cabinet have the same behaviour?

    Thanks.

    Quote Originally Posted by AMDer
    i have the same dry cabinet as you. dun worry.
    leave it for 24 hours. then the next day look at the RH%. it should stablized by then. ( dun open and close for fun, of coz).
    what i do is, look at the readings everyday. if its around the 45%~55% range (10 o'clock direction) like what most CSer recommend, then ok liao.if not, adjust a bit clockwise ( to decrease ) or anti-clockwise ( to increase ).
    usually u open up and take something out, it should increase by around 5%~.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Central
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hleonz
    Notice that when the aircon is on for the whole night, the dry cabinet will get a low RH the next morning.
    For my case, for the whole day, it's stabilized at 48% RH, but after a night of aircon, the next morning it shows 34% RH.
    Does your dry cabinet have the same behaviour?

    Thanks.
    It should be normal due to your aircon may reduce the humidity of your room.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •