Thread: Digi-cabi queries

Default Digi-cabi queries

Hi all,

I just bought Digicabi AD-040 (40L) at IT show..

I notice that the temperature display always shows 27 degree C.
    Is this normal (i.e. the temperature sensor is not working)?

The RH% indicator does changing over time.
    I saw many threads saying that if you opened the door, the RH% supposed to be higher (so dun need to worry).
    But for my case, it gets lower!
    Before I open the door, it shows 53%. After I opened for awhile (1min), it shows 40%. Now I set the knob to B, and it shows 41% (it's been like 20mins).

Is my indicator faulty? Anything to worry? This is my first experience with a dry cabinet and just tried it for 2 hours. :-)

Lots of thanks.

ur dry cabinet is working juz fine... u juz need sometime for it to condition itself.. juz make sure that when everything has been placed inside.. the humidity gauge shows between 45% to 55% can liao... adjust accordingly.

and oso.. it takes a while oso to stablise again when after u've open and close the cabinet door.

Quote Originally Posted by hleonz
    Hi all,

I saw many threads saying that if you opened the door, the RH% supposed to be higher (so dun need to worry).
    Before I open the door, it shows 53%. After I opened for awhile (1min), it shows 40%. Now I set the knob to B, and it shows 41% (it's been like 20mins).

Is my indicator faulty? Anything to worry? This is my first experience with a dry cabinet and just tried it for 2 hours. :-)

Lots of thanks.
    Last edited by destiny_star; 13th March 2005 at 01:04 AM.

Hi all,

Lots of thanks.

i have the same dry cabinet as you. dun worry.
    leave it for 24 hours. then the next day look at the RH%. it should stablized by then. ( dun open and close for fun, of coz).
    what i do is, look at the readings everyday. if its around the 45%~55% range (10 o'clock direction) like what most CSer recommend, then ok liao.if not, adjust a bit clockwise ( to decrease ) or anti-clockwise ( to increase ).
    usually u open up and take something out, it should increase by around 5%~.

Notice that when the aircon is on for the whole night, the dry cabinet will get a low RH the next morning.
    For my case, for the whole day, it's stabilized at 48% RH, but after a night of aircon, the next morning it shows 34% RH.
    Does your dry cabinet have the same behaviour?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AMDer
    i have the same dry cabinet as you. dun worry.
    leave it for 24 hours. then the next day look at the RH%. it should stablized by then. ( dun open and close for fun, of coz).
    what i do is, look at the readings everyday. if its around the 45%~55% range (10 o'clock direction) like what most CSer recommend, then ok liao.if not, adjust a bit clockwise ( to decrease ) or anti-clockwise ( to increase ).
    usually u open up and take something out, it should increase by around 5%~.

Notice that when the aircon is on for the whole night, the dry cabinet will get a low RH the next morning.
    For my case, for the whole day, it's stabilized at 48% RH, but after a night of aircon, the next morning it shows 34% RH.
    Does your dry cabinet have the same behaviour?

Thanks.
    It should be normal due to your aircon may reduce the humidity of your room.