Thread: Four Thirds System

Default Four Thirds System

Hi, I've read some website describing the pros about this new Four Thirds System (invented by Olympus, I suppose?). However, most of the information told from the website was too technical for me to understand. Anyone here helpful enough to explain in layman's term, how different is this Four Thirds System from those systems in Canon/Nikon Dslr? How does the quality between these different systems compare?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by asturias105
    Hi, I've read some website describing the pros about this new Four Thirds System (invented by Olympus, I suppose?). However, most of the information told from the website was too technical for me to understand. Anyone here helpful enough to explain in layman's term, how different is this Four Thirds System from those systems in Canon/Nikon Dslr? How does the quality between these different systems compare?

Thanks!
    Four Thirds System is the standardization of Whether regarding Mount or Sensor wise. Same goes to Imperial "Inch & Pound" & Metrics "Meter & Grams"

Four Thirds mean the sensor is go by 4 by 3. They are not measure by mm or Inches.

This remind me of the standardization of IT world when in the ancient times of It world there is no standardization. IEEE is setup for this purpose for better completation. It is when the IBM clone is introduce.
    "Intel chip inside" is famous then...

In the end, who benifit the consumers... cos of completation of Computers...So do U find that Computers is getting cheaper and cheaper and the technology is rapidly increase by doing this way..
    Last edited by Merciless_Knight; 12th March 2005 at 11:25 PM.

no lar...
    four thirds system defines the lens mount / lens physical specifications...
    the image circle for the lens is 4/3 inch. olympus sensor just happens to use a 4:3 ratio, u could have a 1:1 or 2:3 lens and still be conform to 4/3 specs...