Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33

Thread: The REAL Initial D

  1. #1

    Default The REAL Initial D

    http://www.initialdthemovie.com/

    Image links removed due to copyright concerns


    THE CAST
    JAY CHOU as Takumi Fujiwara
    ANTHONY WONG as Bunta Fujiwara
    EDISON CHEN as Ryousuke Takahashi
    ANNE SUZUKI as Natsuki Mogi
    SHAWN YUE as Takeshi Nakazato
    CHAPMAN TO as Itsuki Takeuchi
    JORDAN CHAN as Kyouichi Sudou
    Last edited by roygoh; 13th April 2005 at 01:55 PM.

  2. #2

    Default

    Image links removed due to copyright concerns

    link to a small 'making of' video clip
    ftp://ftp.tm.net.my/incoming/New%20Folder...gofInitialD.wmv
    Last edited by roygoh; 13th April 2005 at 01:56 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,152

    Default

    Cool movie

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    is this going to be an english or chinese or japanese movie?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    cantonese... but sg... chinese...

    anyway... very disappointed with the casting... hence will most likely wait for reviews to watch...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    126

    Default

    hahahaha!!! finially coming!!!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    At least it's shot in Japan. Nice movie promo.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    cantonese... but sg... chinese...

    anyway... very disappointed with the casting... hence will most likely wait for reviews to watch...
    Piece of SH!t... Cantonese movie when translated to chinese is no fun to watch... what the heck is SG Government thinking?... I Doubt they ever did appreciate the entertainment value of a movie..

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default

    ya...cantonese movie..i will rather go all the way to JB to watch or just wait for DVD version
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

  10. #10

    Default

    isn't cantonese, chinese as well?

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lurker
    isn't cantonese, chinese as well?
    I think they meant Mandarin....all dubbed in Mandarin. Most, if not all Hong Kong based production movies are all spoken in their native language, Cantonese.

    So when u have something dub over, it really sound stupid. I love Cantonese myself too. Agree with RossChang.....

  12. #12

    Default

    the picture looks really cool

  13. #13

    Default

    Can't wait for the movie to come out!! Hope its as good as the anime!! anyone following fourth stage??

  14. #14
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RossChang
    Piece of SH!t... Cantonese movie when translated to chinese is no fun to watch... what the heck is SG Government thinking?... I Doubt they ever did appreciate the entertainment value of a movie..
    pls keep politics out of the topic....

    hmmm Initial D uses toyota cars...... i realli dunno why did they use such a old car...

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default

    Well, if the cinema here play the movie in its native cantonese language, I think up to half of the Chinese population in Singapore will not be able to enjoy the movie, as they are busy reading the subtitles. I'm one of those that does not speak cantonese, and I would prefer to watch Hong Kong movies dubbed in mandarin.

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    pls keep politics out of the topic....

    hmmm Initial D uses toyota cars...... i realli dunno why did they use such a old car...
    because Takumi Fujiwara drives a AE86? duh
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kelccm
    Well, if the cinema here play the movie in its native cantonese language, I think up to half of the Chinese population in Singapore will not be able to enjoy the movie, as they are busy reading the subtitles. I'm one of those that does not speak cantonese, and I would prefer to watch Hong Kong movies dubbed in mandarin.
    Well, I understand how you feel but I think if you understand cantonese and watch a movied dubbed in mandarin..it's really frustrating..because all the interesting dialogue which was originally in cantonese loses its meaning in mandarin. watching stephen chow movie in mandarin is never as funny as it is in cantonese.
    but for me i think i prefer to watch movies in their original language even though i dun understand a word of french/italian/brazilian etc...
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    pls keep politics out of the topic....

    hmmm Initial D uses toyota cars...... i realli dunno why did they use such a old car...
    duh... thats cos its based on the anime... fyi.. its not only toyota...

    from the looks of it... edison chen would be driving a mazda Rx7-FC3S, den chen xiao chun would be driving a mitsubishi evo 3
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    If you like the animation.....this one is a "must watch" no matter what other people comment

    But I am curious how come the movie right was won by Hongkonger instead of Japanese studio??? Jap no better director or casts?? I am sure they will do a hollywood version if this one selling well

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna
    If you like the animation.....this one is a "must watch" no matter what other people comment

    But I am curious how come the movie right was won by Hongkonger instead of Japanese studio??? Jap no better director or casts?? I am sure they will do a hollywood version if this one selling well
    if there is a hollywood version with ang mo cast... think its going to be the end of the initial d franchise...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •