Thread: Market Share

Question Market Share

My previous thread got locked for the wrong reason I guess. Let's put this in another way. Which camera system/brand now has the most market share for mass market cameras all the way to DSLR .

*Note
    This is not a thread for brands bashing but rather a feel of which brand/system is more popular in various market segments

Quote Originally Posted by windwaver View Post
    My previous thread got locked for the wrong reason I guess. Let's put this in another way. Which camera system/brand now has the most market share for mass market cameras all the way to DSLR .

*Note
    This is not a thread for brands bashing but rather a feel of which brand/system is more popular in various market segments
    Go read the marketshare reports published by companies paid to do so.

And I fail to see the point of this thread. Who cares which is more popular where????
    Alpha

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post

Go read the marketshare reports published by companies paid to do so.

And I fail to see the point of this thread. Who cares which is more popular where????
    I second this. There are market share reports out there for this. There is no one place to get the current full picture for free and you have to do your due delligence to complie them into the full picture. I doubt folks here care too much about market share to tell you the whole story accurately.

You can start by downloading the financial reports of the major camera manufacturers. If you want a short cut to the most current information, you have to buy the industry reports from information companies. These kind of info do not come free. If you wish to know where to purchase these reports you can pm me.

To prevent this thread from becoming a brand war thread, or one filled with inaccurate data, and to protect you TS from others asking you to search. I will have to close this thread. I think i have already given you enough information and the right direction to start your search.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 30th December 2012 at 06:50 PM.