Thread: F505V and Olympus 3040z, which one is better?

Question F505V and Olympus 3040z, which one is better?

As the title, Do you think I should sell my F505V and buy jiaxin's 3040z? which one is better.

I know 505v has a more powerful zoom. however batteries and MS are expansive. The advantage of 3040z is that it uses AAA batteries and SM card(which I use it in my mp3 player too)

How about quality if the photo? any diff? 3040z has more pixels I think.

I actually has no complain about my 505v yet. Just that now I have getting interested in taking up diving so if I made the switch, I can buy the underwater housing from oly so I can take picture underwater too. Sony doesn't have underwater housing for 505v. anyone tried underwater photography with 3040z? how is it?

Thank you very much.

you have more or less answered your question.

3040Z produces good pics and the easy availability of the underwater casing would make it a good choice for you.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Originally posted by mpenza
    you have more or less answered your question.

3040Z produces good pics and the easy availability of the underwater casing would make it a good choice for you.
    but I also takes alot of pictures when I am not diving. so I don't want to get a camera that has underwater housing but doesn't allow me to take good pictures on land.

It's good but it doesn't swivel and you need an adaptor to fix on lens/filters.
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Originally posted by mpenza
    It's good but it doesn't swivel and you need an adaptor to fix on lens/filters.
    ya. the swivel design in F505v is really useful. I am sure I am going to miss it alot of I change to 3040z.

after looking thru some pictures on some review sites. I find the pictures quality of 505V is better than 3040z.

really hard decision.....