Thread: Let us all upgrade our hardware and heartware

Default Let us all upgrade our hardware and heartware

I was a bit surprised by 1 CS?er posting asking for advice for a personal situation he faced. Felt that in a sense, he was quite courageous and also quite desperate for some sound advice. However, some others who posted replies did not seemed to be willing to give a listening ear but gave needless comments.

Coming so soon after a series of incidents of suicide and infanticide, I thought that we could be more willing to give others who have problems some freedom in letting go of something that have been repressing them or pressurizing within them. Afterall, all of us at one time or another do feel down and need the touch and words of a fellow human being.

I am not too sure of the policies of moderators of forums but are we only allowed to touch on photography and nothing else? If so, jokes, gals, M113s, NS etc should by the same measure be disallowed. I understand that religion and racial issues should not be brought up over here with due respect to each other?s faith, but surely the cry of a fellow being deserves more attention.

For those who has the heart and willing to hear out the person, I thank you for it,
    If you don?t have the heart, at least try to fake it ?
    If you cannot fake it, at least try to ignore it ?

Let us do a part in making Singapore a gracious and caring society. Life can be quite harsh to us, surely we can afford to be more accommodating to each other ?

Moderators: I am not too sure if it is too much to ask, but I sincerely hope that if someone is desperate enough to ask aloud, can we allow their voices be heard as well? Maybe in time to come, we could have helped people with problems face their lives with courage and dignity. Do feel free to lock my post if you are really not comfortable to address it.

u hv my vote pal..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm
    Moderators: I am not too sure if it is too much to ask, but I sincerely hope that if someone is desperate enough to ask aloud, can we allow their voices be heard as well? Maybe in time to come, we could have helped people with problems face their lives with courage and dignity. Do feel free to lock my post if you are really not comfortable to address it.
    We definitely have no issue with members who want to express their grief or share their feelings or get feedback in BGR/GBRin Kopitiam (provided the thread is civil and within our guidelines). Of course, that doesn't mean that this opens the gates for every Harry Hardluck and Susie Sobstory to start threads about their woes and tribulations - we hope that members can temper the freedom of speech with some degree of self-control.

With reference to the thread in question, the thread starter himself closed off the thread and I believe requested for the thread to be removed.

Group hug, anyone?

Phildate
    Guests

I seem to remember seeing quite a lot of members referring to their camera as their 'girlfriend' here want advice from them on relationship matters?

Quote Originally Posted by Phildate
    I seem to remember seeing quite a lot of members referring to their camera as their 'girlfriend' here want advice from them on relationship matters?
    Thanks. We are very happy with our Nikon wives or Canon GFs.

Divorces are minimum if exist. If anything most stop seeing Nikon and go out with Canon or vice verse the next day anyway.

Some say marriages are made in heavens. I say marriages are made in Cathy.

We will always willing to give advice on relationship matters. We advise you to look at the label carefully and check for warranty card before commmitment. And restrain from kissing the bride before signing the credit card chit.

Any more problem?
    Last edited by Sion; 10th March 2005 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    We definitely have no issue with members who want to express their grief or share their feelings or get feedback in BGR/GBRin Kopitiam (provided the thread is civil and within our guidelines). Of course, that doesn't mean that this opens the gates for every Harry Hardluck and Susie Sobstory to start threads about their woes and tribulations - we hope that members can temper the freedom of speech with some degree of self-control.

With reference to the thread in question, the thread starter himself closed off the thread and I believe requested for the thread to be removed.

Group hug, anyone?
    Hi Darren,

Thanks for the clarification. Think that it is the most helpful. I am sure that there are people out there with big hearts and willing to hear out someone else

Hi Cookiez,

Thanks for your vote of support