Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28

Thread: travel tripod below $300

  1. #1

    Default travel tripod below $300

    guys, i'm trying to find thread about travel tripod
    but i can't find..
    i'm looking on Mefoto now..
    anymore recommendation? I'm going to use with my nex6 + 1018/30 or 60d +1022+ 580ex

    i think the requirement is below 2 kg (incl ball head) and it's below 40 cm once if folded.

    thanks

  2. #2

    Default

    Sirui. T1204X with G10 ball head. TKfoto best place. Go to their website n check. Only 299 sgd. Fits yr bill.
    Last edited by Thoth; 27th December 2012 at 11:00 PM.
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

  3. #3

    Default Re: travel tripod below $300

    I'm using Sirui too. but T1005X.
    I chose this cos 5 sections is more compact for travelling.
    Aluminium cos the weight difference from carbon fibre is only 200g.
    It's cheaper and studier too, to withstand the abuse at the airports, as well as during travelling.

    I upgraded the ball head to G20 though, cos I'm kiasu haha.

  4. #4

    Default Re: travel tripod below $300

    i just went to TK photo last weekend and found many sirui tripod..
    It looks so compact..will consider to buy it...hehehe

    thanks for the recommendation.....

  5. #5

    Default Re: travel tripod below $300

    Quote Originally Posted by tuwinkk View Post
    i just went to TK photo last weekend and found many sirui tripod..
    It looks so compact..will consider to buy it...hehehe

    thanks for the recommendation.....
    Welcome... bang for bucks quality tripod... Enjoy...
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,195

    Default Re: travel tripod below $300

    If you don't like MiC, there is a MiK Photo Clam. Check out the PT024.

  7. #7

    Default Re: travel tripod below $300

    Quote Originally Posted by vee5 View Post
    I'm using Sirui too. but T1005X.
    I chose this cos 5 sections is more compact for travelling.
    Aluminium cos the weight difference from carbon fibre is only 200g.
    It's cheaper and studier too, to withstand the abuse at the airports, as well as during travelling.

    I upgraded the ball head to G20 though, cos I'm kiasu haha.
    no problems with the sirui? heard that it has got some quality issues?? I personally own a Gitzo GT1544T (GT1542T before this). Slightly above double of your budget but definitely worth every cent of it.
    Last edited by Panaromic; 4th January 2013 at 08:53 PM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    West
    Posts
    2,792

    Default Re: travel tripod below $300

    Quote Originally Posted by Panaromic View Post
    no problems with the sirui? heard that it has got some quality issues?? I personally own a Gitzo GT1544T (GT1542T before this). Slightly above double of your budget but definitely worth every cent of it.
    Can you please explain further as I don't understand your meaning. Thank you.

  9. #9
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: travel tripod below $300

    Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants View Post
    If you don't like MiC, there is a MiK Photo Clam. Check out the PT024.
    There is a rumor out there that Photo Clam tripods are made by Sirui...

  10. #10
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: travel tripod below $300

    Quote Originally Posted by Panaromic View Post
    no problems with the sirui? heard that it has got some quality issues?? I personally own a Gitzo GT1544T (GT1542T before this). Slightly above double of your budget but definitely worth every cent of it.
    What quality issues? Care to share?

    I have used 2 sirui tripods for a few years now. They perform just as well as my Gitzo. In fact, Gitzo CF legs are more prone to cracking as I have already seen Gitzo tripod legs cracking on at least 2 tripods owned by friends. No problems with Sirui so far...

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

    What quality issues? Care to share?

    I have used 2 sirui tripods for a few years now. They perform just as well as my Gitzo. In fact, Gitzo CF legs are more prone to cracking as I have already seen Gitzo tripod legs cracking on at least 2 tripods owned by friends. No problems with Sirui so far...
    None for me too. Sirui is cheap n good.
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

  12. #12

    Default Re: travel tripod below $300

    i'd like to say there always some QC issue in the product...even my friend D800 also have a shutter problem after a month.
    so, please don't claim about that QC problem in this thread..and we have warranty...

  13. #13

    Default Re: travel tripod below $300

    Quote Originally Posted by tuwinkk View Post
    guys, i'm trying to find thread about travel tripod
    but i can't find..
    i'm looking on Mefoto now..
    anymore recommendation? I'm going to use with my nex6 + 1018/30 or 60d +1022+ 580ex

    i think the requirement is below 2 kg (incl ball head) and it's below 40 cm once if folded.

    thanks

    I think base on your requirement, the best choice for you is Sirui T-025 with C10 ballhead.
    The weight less than less than 1kg (included ball head) & folded only 30cm.

    I use this tripod for traveling overseas & can hold firmly my 5D mk2 + 24-105 f/4L + 430EX2

  14. #14

    Default Re: travel tripod below $300

    As mentioned by a lot fellow CSer, Sirui is good choice. If not, Benro.
    My suggest - go TK foto have a feel, then go Benro shop (Benphoto) and then decide.

  15. #15

    Default Re: travel tripod below $300

    So can T-025 with C10 ball head can hold 5Dm3 as well ???

    I tired the tripod but a bit shaking.
    So I am think to get this tripod anot.

    Those using T025 and T005 please comment on the tripod stability.

  16. #16

    Default Re: travel tripod below $300

    Quote Originally Posted by sadper View Post
    So can T-025 with C10 ball head can hold 5Dm3 as well ???

    I tired the tripod but a bit shaking.
    So I am think to get this tripod anot.

    Those using T025 and T005 please comment on the tripod stability.
    TKFoto already told u T025 is for mirrorless cam setup. I believe you should invest in a tripod which is portable and yet you can scale up to hold 5DMkIII plus telephoto lenses... T1205X should be more than enough to suit your need.
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

  17. #17
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: travel tripod below $300

    Quote Originally Posted by sadper View Post
    So can T-025 with C10 ball head can hold 5Dm3 as well ???

    I tired the tripod but a bit shaking.
    So I am think to get this tripod anot.

    Those using T025 and T005 please comment on the tripod stability.
    Bro... u try and find that the tripod is a bit shaking... this mean it is not up to take the weigh of the camera. Please spend a bit more to get yourself a better tripod... or you will see your 5DmkIII plus whatever lens you mount on it came crashing to the ground.

    Sometime I really don't understand bros and sis here... you spend thousands to get your camera equipment and wanted to save a little bit on a good tripod and tripodhead? This is a receipe for disaster.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  18. #18

    Default Re: travel tripod below $300

    Anyone can recommend a tripod and ballhead for me, which can fit D7000 with 28-70mm lens? Looking at Sirui. Budget is less than $300.


    Thanks!

  19. #19

    Default Re: travel tripod below $300

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Bro... u try and find that the tripod is a bit shaking... this mean it is not up to take the weigh of the camera. Please spend a bit more to get yourself a better tripod... or you will see your 5DmkIII plus whatever lens you mount on it came crashing to the ground.

    Sometime I really don't understand bros and sis here... you spend thousands to get your camera equipment and wanted to save a little bit on a good tripod and tripodhead? This is a receipe for disaster.


    totally agree.
    let the equipment crash then.
    probably tkphoto talking abt their own tripods here la

  20. #20
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: travel tripod below $300

    Quote Originally Posted by asakurayoh View Post
    Anyone can recommend a tripod and ballhead for me, which can fit D7000 with 28-70mm lens? Looking at Sirui. Budget is less than $300.


    Thanks!
    Take your equipment down to the shop, look for a tripod to your fancy, then test your equipment on that tripod. If you find it shaky, then that tripod is not for you. If you find it stable, then it is good enough. However it would be good if you could do a search in the net on the spec of the tripod and ballhead, and see if the maximum load weigh is bigger or larger than the maximum weigh of all your equipment that you wanted to load on the tripod.

    Also please note that the maximum load that the tripodhead and tripod should be a couple of times more than your equipment weigh (for example, if the total weigh of your equipment - camera body+lens+flash+etc) was 1.2kg, then it would be good to get a tripodhead that had a maximum load of at least 3.6kg (1.2x3), and the tripod's maximum loading to be more than 3.6kg (this had to include your tripodhead weigh). My advise is to get something that can allow for larger and heavier maximum load, this is to allowed for future equipment upgrades.

    For around S$300 you should be able to get away with quite a good tripod + head anyway, so no worries.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •