Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reviews of camera shops in Singapore -- sharing time !!

Good experience with the following shops:

1. MS Color - Bought canon S1, CF cards, Sigma lens. Prices quoted vary

Quote Originally Posted by L.Lee

Oops..

with credit card and cash payment. Good service.
    2. CP - Bought tripod, ball head, 2 lowepro bags, card reader. Good service,
    good knowledge.
    3. TCW - Bought a flash unit. Good knowledge, good service.
    4. John3:16 - Bought a Olympus consumer cam 5 years ago. I like this guy
    call Samuel. Great service.
    All the above, not the cheapest, but ganerally good price.

Cheers,
    Lee

About Fotografix...

The guy is a strange chap. I've accompanied a friend there on 2 occasions. The first time he appeared rather unresponsive to our queries. Monotone one liners came out of his mouth and he only softened a little when my friend made a $2000 purchase from him. He then loosened up a little.

Second visit about 3 months later, we found him in the same unresponsive monosyallable mood again. We both left the store vowing never to return.

Strange fella... he didn't know how close he was to a $5000 sale. We were both ready to pick up some old FD gear from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    About Fotografix...

The guy is a strange chap. I've accompanied a friend there on 2 occasions. The first time he appeared rather unresponsive to our queries. Monotone one liners came out of his mouth and he only softened a little when my friend made a $2000 purchase from him. He then loosened up a little.

Second visit about 3 months later, we found him in the same unresponsive monosyallable mood again. We both left the store vowing never to return.

Strange fella... he didn't know how close he was to a $5000 sale. We were both ready to pick up some old FD gear from him.
    Alamak! I understand your stand, but thats how he is. Initially I found he was abit quiet too, but never mind. When you talk about Canon with him, he can loosen up. He uses FD all the time. Thats just the way he is, lah! He is not a bad guy, or something......hope you can accept people as they are, not as what you want them to be....

Hong Sien

TCW is good, helped my friend checked his camera for free and i was very glad when the saleswomen didnt shove us off coz there were about 5 other customers in the shop.

but they seem to charge quite high for repairs... $60 for a replacement hinge for my f601? scary... i rather buy $20 worth of sticky tape to close my film door. :S

*both my friend and i looked as if we didnt know anything about photography. maybe thats y they quote so high.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamtheatre

if they can sell for $80, why quote $150 and then 'discount' when you walk away ?
    The difference is: when they quote you $150 and you can bargain al the way down to $80, you leave the shop with a very good feeling as if you have won one big game! See, the shop is giving you some shots of healthy endorfines!.........

when they quote you $80 rightaway and you are not able to get it down to $78 after 1 hour, you leave the shop with alot of adrenaline, with a sad face.........

HS
    Last edited by hongsien; 16th March 2005 at 11:59 AM.

Default lucky chinatown fotografix

Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    About Fotografix...

Hmm.. the other time i bought a m42 adapter ring and a pentax book from him... quite a nice chat with him. perhaps that time he is in the right mood. Maybe he's the old timer type who enjoys talking about the old gears rather than some who kept asking about the new digital stuffs. If you're keen on medium format, he's the person to talk to. He explains to me a hell lot about bronica the other day too ..

Quote Originally Posted by munwei
    Dynasty (2nd floor SLS) -- You can look for Johnny (believe he works 6 days a week & rests on Tuesdays). He's a friendly and honest chap. Have bought quite a lot of stuff from him (including my camcorder, TV, DVD player, etc). All said, it's one of the more honest shops in SLS. And they're an authorised Sony dealer (unlike some of the other shops in SLS).
    IMHO, this is one of the most decent shops in the entire SLS. My Dad has been buying electronics (Cameras, TVs, DVD players, Video Cams, Hifis) from them for approx 20 years - from the days when they were at lucky plaza..

Quote Originally Posted by munwei
    Hi all,

Dynasty (2nd floor SLS) -- You can look for Johnny (believe he works 6 days a week & rests on Tuesdays). He's a friendly and honest chap. Have bought quite a lot of stuff from him (including my camcorder, TV, DVD player, etc). All said, it's one of the more honest shops in SLS. And they're an authorised Sony dealer (unlike some of the other shops in SLS).

MW
    Since you know him that well... Let him know that he was just 15cm away from getting one tight slap a week back.. And never ever to wave off anyone from the shop...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123