Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waterfall shots

Default waterfall shot

Quote Originally Posted by AMDer
    a quick tip:
    if u cant attach a cable release or remote control to your digital camera. u can use the timer trick.
    becase if u are taking this kind of shots, u need a good tripod to make sure your camera do not move or your pic will come out very blur one. even if u press the shutter button, u are actually moving the camera liao. just a small little movement will affect the pic output.
    so after u set up your camera settings, and ready to take the pic. set to timer mode. press and wait for 10 secs. this way the camera wont be disturb and your pic should come our clear!
    Hi I am new in this website.Read all the replies from you guys to Planner.Learnt a lot of the technics.

Oh..thanks AMDer . This is a good tip for me.

Default Canon IXUS

I owned a Canon IXUS V3. It operates in shutter speed priority, but the moment the aperture is set to 1sec, the whole image is overexpose. There was no faster shutter speed to choose from. There is no aperture setting, so I do not think taking the silky water picture is possible.

This is a dump camera, ND filter is out of formula.

That's why I bought the D70

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger
    I owned a Canon IXUS V3. It operates in shutter speed priority, but the moment the aperture is set to 1sec, the whole image is overexpose. There was no faster shutter speed to choose from. There is no aperture setting, so I do not think taking the silky water picture is possible.

This is a dump camera, ND filter is out of formula.

That's why I bought the D70
    I guess is the limitation of the Canon IXUS V3 which you cannot adjust the aperture values when the shutter speed is slow. According to manual , the shutter speed can set up to 15 sec. For slow shutter like 1 sec is not suitable for bright day shots (due to unable to set smaller aperture value) and that is why you will get overexpose.

BTW, "the aperture is set to 1sec" , aperture is f-stop and not shutter speed
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

So which means cannot take such shots with Canon Ixus 330?

Blog Entries

yes you can, but you cannot take the picture in bright daylight.
    read earlier posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Planner
    So which means cannot take such shots with Canon Ixus 330?
    You can try and use a polarisor or nuetral density filter (ND) to slow the speed without compromising on the small aperture, thus have a perfectly expose waterfall shots. Generally, for waterfall with soft effect, you need 1 sec or more. sometimes, when the water is fast, 1/2 a sec is good enough, try various speed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12