Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Lens cleaning lotion

  1. #1

    Default Lens cleaning lotion

    Hi guys... I'm looking for lens cleaning lotion. Can anyone kindly advise where I could get them in loose form? Usually, it is packaged with some cleaning cloth and the dust blower, but I need just the lotion. Many thanks in advance!

  2. #2

    Default

    You don't use lotion, you use liquid. Basic isopropyl alcohol from any pharmacy is good
    Alpha

  3. #3

    Default Re: Lens cleaning lotion

    Thanks for your reply!

    We do use IPA, but surprisingly, the lens cleaning liquid seems more effective.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZAstrayZ View Post
    Thanks for your reply!

    We do use IPA, but surprisingly, the lens cleaning liquid seems more effective.
    Then you can get some at any photographic store
    Alpha

  5. #5

    Default Re: Lens cleaning lotion

    Most of the stores that I've been to only sells them in a package. Which shop sells them separately, just the liquid itself?

  6. #6
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZAstrayZ
    Most of the stores that I've been to only sells them in a package. Which shop sells them separately, just the liquid itself?
    Maybe you can ask for Carl zeiss cleaning fluid?
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  7. #7

    Default Re: Lens cleaning lotion

    Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes View Post
    Maybe you can ask for Carl zeiss cleaning fluid?
    Just don't ask for Carl Chng cleaning fluid. LOL!
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  8. #8
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma

    Just don't ask for Carl Chng cleaning fluid. LOL!
    That would be... Scary? Especially if it's used. XD
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  9. #9
    Member e69087's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Northern Singapore
    Posts
    402

    Default Re: Lens cleaning lotion

    Quote Originally Posted by ZAstrayZ View Post
    Thanks for your reply!

    We do use IPA, but surprisingly, the lens cleaning liquid seems more effective.
    Will IPA damage the lens or filter coating?

  10. #10
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,390

    Default Re: Lens cleaning lotion

    Quote Originally Posted by e69087 View Post
    Will IPA damage the lens or filter coating?
    Only in rumours. Have a look at those cleaning solutions and check what's inside.
    EOS

  11. #11
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by e69087

    Will IPA damage the lens or filter coating?
    I've used IPA for.... Bout 1-2 years already. On both cheap plastic Nikkors to expensive leicas. and I'm still using them. What do you think?
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  12. #12
    Member e69087's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Northern Singapore
    Posts
    402

    Default Re: Lens cleaning lotion

    Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes View Post
    I've used IPA for.... Bout 1-2 years already. On both cheap plastic Nikkors to expensive leicas. and I'm still using them. What do you think?
    Thanks for the info.
    Sounds great!
    My work place uses IPA, will get some & try out.
    I find water stain (from rain or at sea side) difficult to clean off.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Lens cleaning lotion

    Best is not to use any form of solvent on the lens.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

  14. #14
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sjackal
    Best is not to use any form of solvent on the lens.
    Even if you do, NEVER drop the liquid directly onto your Lens.
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  15. #15
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,390

    Default Re: Lens cleaning lotion

    Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes View Post
    Even if you do, NEVER drop the liquid directly onto your Lens.
    Why? What is the different between a drop on the lens and applying it with a cloth? The liquid and its chemical characteristics are the same.
    EOS

  16. #16
    Member Fudgecakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine
    Why? What is the different between a drop on the lens and applying it with a cloth? The liquid and its chemical characteristics are the same.
    Dropping the liquid directly onto your lens carries a greater risk f the liquid entering the seam between the glass and barrel. If below have any sensitive electronic components or if you accidentally squirt a lot out of the bottle then.... ¯\(°_O)/¯
    There are no bad photographers, only photos that could've been done better
    My Flickr

  17. #17
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,390

    Default Re: Lens cleaning lotion

    Quote Originally Posted by Fudgecakes View Post
    Dropping the liquid directly onto your lens carries a greater risk f the liquid entering the seam between the glass and barrel. If below have any sensitive electronic components or if you accidentally squirt a lot out of the bottle then.... ¯\(°_O)/¯
    IPA is non-conductive and electronics are not sitting behind the front element. The point of squirting to much is valid, though.
    EOS

  18. #18

    Default Re: Lens cleaning lotion

    Anyone?

  19. #19
    Member eawtan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    1,370

    Default Re: Lens cleaning lotion

    I use eclipse w/ pec-pads for lens and sensor cleaning . ( I get mine from cathay photo)

  20. #20

    Default Re: Lens cleaning lotion

    Quote Originally Posted by ZAstrayZ View Post
    Anyone?
    No idea. Suspect the 'lotion' you mention is just actually, IPA.
    WTB Manfrotto RC4 L Bracket

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •