Thread: Help to include sky & foreground in shot

Fastbreak
    Guests

Default Help to include sky & foreground in shot

As you can see, the sky is really bright, somethings that happens when taking shots with a brightly lit background.

If I have an ND x4 and C Polarizer, how should I meter and what settings should I use on the S602Z to include the sky nicely, together with a clear shot of the foreground?

Please help, thanks!

For a shot like this, not much of a choice. Wait for another day when the sky is blue.

For landscape-type shots where there's a clear, straight distinction between sky and ground, you can use a neutral density graduated filter.

Regards
    CK

since u can scan it how about digital darkroom techniques?
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Originally posted by ckiang
    For a shot like this, not much of a choice. Wait for another day when the sky is blue.

For landscape-type shots where there's a clear, straight distinction between sky and ground, you can use a neutral density graduated filter.

Regards
    CK
    erhm.. i tot the sky is always blue ? even if very blue, most of the times after metering it still turns out white..

will a sun-shade/visor, dunno how to call it.. , help in this case ?

Default ...try a polariser ( Circular).....

In Some cases, using a polariser may help make the already blue sky "blue"r. However, it depends on the position of the sun though. In Such image, metering(spot meter) the blue sky may be the way out if you want the sky to be the key metering point. But you may end up with an image with the rest of the house be too dark.

If you use digital camera, simply take two similar fram shot(need a tripod for this) , meter at two locations, cloud and then the building and take one shot of each. Then merge in Photoshop with layers and remove the unwanted area, ie..... blue cloud and right exposed house. Then you flatten the image.

This method was once thought in the PHOTOGRAPHIC magazine....

try out...

regards,
    Sulhan