Thread: Making it friendly

Default Making it friendly

Usually an SLR will lead people to think it's a "professional" camera. When I try to get my friend to take pictures of me during holidays, they would tremble in fear fearing not how to handle it.

Just wondering, what settings you switch on to make it "idiot-friendly"? Or would you briefly teach your friend to do it (e.g. proper focusing, etc)

If he/she has not used a SLR before and tot a SLR is meant for the professional then just dial it to the "professional" mode lor aka P mode.

I will then ask him/her to compose me in the middle and the docusing point is set to the middle.

That's it.

Blog Entries

P mode, Auto focus. Their composition will be centered anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by sillyme
    Usually an SLR will lead people to think it's a "professional" camera. When I try to get my friend to take pictures of me during holidays, they would tremble in fear fearing not how to handle it.

Just wondering, what settings you switch on to make it "idiot-friendly"? Or would you briefly teach your friend to do it (e.g. proper focusing, etc)
    use the (P)referred mode

P mode too..
    just Point and Shoot..

but some of my friends who are with me long enough, i will actually tell them breifly how to handle the slr. =) so i can use other modes too.. hehe

just tell them see the view, point and shoot.

tell them to stand where u will be standing, set the exposure for them... turn to manual focus, focus nicely, then ask them to stand at where u r standing. press button, tht's it tht's wht i do usually...

tell them to stand where u will be standing, set the exposure for them... turn to manual focus, focus nicely, then ask them to stand at where u r standing. press button, tht's it tht's wht i do usually...
    hahaah that's what i did also.hahahah

tell them also.. don't touch the zoom and all.. just press the shutter release.

Sometimes P mode means Pray also..Pray that he gets it right.
    I know someone who had bad experience in this subject. kekek.. paid 2 times to get a shot.. but his friend always focus at the wrong places.. making him BLURRR all the time.. :P (if you reading this.. hor? hor? hahahah)
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler