Posting this here as I'm asking for noteworthy opinions from fellow photographers. My current gear is my reliable Olympus EPL3 w/ Zuiko 12mm and 45mm prime lens. I'm currently feeling the 'itch' to upgrade and initially I was eyeing the Olympus OMD E-M5, but after the Sony RX1 was announced and previewed I'm now pondering if I should splurge and get the full-frame camera instead? Personally I feel both systems have their pros and cons.
1) Image Sharpness - I shoot JPEG and not RAW, based on the RX1 sample photos and my own photos from my EPL3, there's no notable difference in image sharpness unless you pixel peep
2) Handling and controls - To me the E-M5 wins, the built-in thumb grip and external dials suits me better
3) Dynamic range - RX1 wins easily
4) Electronic viewfinder - available for both cameras, I've not tried the viewfinder on the RX1, but on the E-M5 I find its usable.
5) Tilting screen - I use it fairly often on my current EPL3, the Oly E-M5 also has it but not the Sony RX1
So right now, it looks like a tie between the two cameras in terms of pros and cons. One has better performance, but the other promises better handling and usability. If anyone has any opinions or views, please let me know. Cheers!