Thread: Juicy news

Default Juicy news

Lately, we seem to be reading lots of news on sex with minor and CPIB cases. Somehow the officers are working much harder or simply there was an increase of such incidents?

I want to believe that with an increased population, cases are bound to increase. So do we just accept them or we over react and start implementing all sort of regulations?

The press needs to moderate and not over publicize to generate readership. They should not go into details because it creates curiosity and others will also 'learn' from them. This is just like when it was reported that a certain location has a suicide case, those contemplating suicide will consider that path.

We want to tell the public what is wrong and send the message that they have to pay a penalty for such mistakes and then move on. The paper should focus on more important matters and issues. Personally, I find most Singaporean aren't interested in global happening. They are fully aware of which shopping centre is opened, where to eat, and juicy news like the above.

It is not that we should not know, while we K-po, I think we also want to know what is affecting our future and our next generations. Of course what is next for photography.

Default Re: Juicy news

My opinion is... as long as there is too many happenings, people will no longer be interested in it... like our MRT... it still breaks down, it is still crowded, but no one take much notice of this things anymore... talking of which, I just receive news that the NEL from Little India to Pungol MRT had broken down, not sure if the problem is fixed, but if you are going that way, please take a bus.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Default Re: Juicy news

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    Lately, we seem to be reading lots of news on sex with minor and CPIB cases. Somehow the officers are working much harder or simply there was an increase of such incidents?

I want to believe that with an increased population, cases are bound to increase. So do we just accept them or we over react and start implementing all sort of regulations?

The press needs to moderate and not over publicize to generate readership. They should not go into details because it creates curiosity and others will also 'learn' from them. This is just like when it was reported that a certain location has a suicide case, those contemplating suicide will consider that path.

We want to tell the public what is wrong and send the message that they have to pay a penalty for such mistakes and then move on. The paper should focus on more important matters and issues. Personally, I find most Singaporean aren't interested in global happening. They are fully aware of which shopping centre is opened, where to eat, and juicy news like the above.

It is not that we should not know, while we K-po, I think we also want to know what is affecting our future and our next generations. Of course what is next for photography.
    Naturally ppl will eventually find ways to circumvent rules that were put in place to stop them.
    And naturally the regulators/enforcers will always be playing catch-up to the crooks.