Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Slider Users Gathering #3 (non users welcomed)

Up for the day before the gathering.

This up remind me of the farewell dinner tonight. I am so sorry that I am not able to join again as I will need to attend the dinner... Anyway, what time will you be leaving? perhaps I could walk over if you guys are still there.

Chris, you have my contact right?

Up!

Think by around 9pm (Foodcourt closing that time also hehe)

I have your contact sumball, what time you ending?

Quote Originally Posted by theITguy
    Think by around 9pm (Foodcourt closing that time also hehe)

I have your contact sumball, what time you ending?
    i wish it is asap, my boss flying back to japan, dinner at chef chan (the building next to bras basah) so if end early, should be able to join and last few mins.

da pao some food for me, then I no need to pay for my dinner coz my school fees put a hole in my pocket

i wish i can da bao mine too so i can join u all.

Sliders LOL,

What a name. Anyways I could not make it but would like to ask if anyone is interested in getting some Kodachrome 64 (ISO) folm with pre=paid processing envelopes? Kodak Sg has a min order quantity of 300 rolls!

Expect to pay S$17 to S$20 per roll.

Post your request about kodachrome in a seperate thread. It may gather more attention that way.

Had a great time knowing more friends, not just photography stuff but also other industry news update Table is small for bags and slides, need a bigger space.

Get to see whoopy nice slides taken in Japan too. Even happened to met James Song whose MF slides I saw 1 year back that make me never look back

Anyway, look forward to the next outing/gathering as I hope to bring some goodies to you guys (if I find any).

magicdragon:
    Price is pretty alright as a Velvia 50 is like $10.50, add E6 processing is like $6+/-. But still not everyone shoots Velvia that much and it is like an upfront payment. PM me more details how you want to MO for it I see if I can be any help to you.

great outing today

Quote Originally Posted by magicdragon
    Sliders LOL,

What a name. Anyways I could not make it but would like to ask if anyone is interested in getting some Kodachrome 64 (ISO) folm with pre=paid processing envelopes? Kodak Sg has a min order quantity of 300 rolls!

Expect to pay S$17 to S$20 per roll.
    How does this work?
    After taking pixs, put slide in envelope and post to somewhere like Australia? Or submit to Kodak Sg and then they send overseas? Or how?

Anyone compared Kodakchrome to Fuji Velvia? What's the difference and what's the verdict? I read before that Fuji -- even other Fuji slides, not just velvia -- better, but I guess better or worse depends on how one defines?

Would like to hear the views of those who compared.

I took Kodakchrome many many years ago. Have not compared closely but it seems my recent Fuji slides are more lively and vibrant.

Also I cannot make fair comparison, because last time lens etc different as well.

Yes you put roll of Kodachrome film in the provided envelope and send it to switzerland *address on the envelope) So you have to factor in the $1-$2 for postage to them. They'll send it back at their expense to your home or office address.

Yes you put roll of Kodachrome film in the provided envelope and send it to switzerland *address on the envelope) So you have to factor in the $1-$2 for postage to them. They'll send it back at their expense to your home or office address.
    Thanks for the clarification.

I am curious. Are you able to find enough people to take up the 300 rolls? If so, how come the shops like Cathay or Ruby cannot? Is it because they would have to sell at much higher price to include a profit? Or are you having difficulty finding enough people?

If want to order, when must confirm? I am interested but financially tight and don't expect to take pics till May (Vesak Day at Bright Hill) and even then I probably need faster film for those situations. So have to think a bit.

I also wonder, is it worth the trouble? ie is Kodakchrome 64 really that good to be wroth the trouble? Has Fuji surpassed it? Or is it just different?

Nowadays with digital, can see results instantly.
    Negatives take 1/2 hour to develop and print.
    Regular slides take 3 hours at RGB/Fotohub.
    Kodachrome takes days or weeks!

So far, I like slides enough to wait 3 hours or longer

But this really takes us back to the good/bad old days when the news from overseas take days or weeks (depending how far back you go) to reach us.

Those of us who are old enough might remember the time when, before movies started, they would screen “newsreels”.

Richard, it is more of a business sense. Just like digital vs film, once it makes no sense to sell it here, might as well dun bring in.

second to CHrist

Obviously I cant bring in 300 rolls (lol) but I think I'm gonna drop the idea.

Can some you your recommend good alternatives to kodachrome?

Fuji Velvia?

I like punchy colours, deep saturation and a touch of warmth.

Try Velvia 50 (discount soon) or Kodak E100VS for saturation, Kodak E100GX for extra warm. Velvia 100 is another alternative (not the 100F which is quite flat compared to the 50).

theITguy,

What do you mean by discount soon on Velvia 50?

What about higher speed stuff lile 200 and 400 what would you recommend.

OT a bit...
    How much is a 5R sized lightbox & a cheap loupe?
    & where can i get them without getting chopped?
    the loupe what magnification is enough for 35mm? thanks...

theITguy,

What do you mean by discount soon on Velvia 50?

What about higher speed stuff lile 200 and 400 what would you recommend.

Sorry, should be "Discontinue Soon", replaced by Velvia 100 (not the Velvia 100F we see here locally which is inferior to both the Velvia 50 and 100).

If you want cheaper, get the Sensia 400 (same as Provia 400F) but nowadays they dun bring in anymore. Provia 400F is about $11.70. Kodak I will forget about them unless I cannot get the Provia 400F. If no Provia 400F, find the Sensia 200/400, else left only the Kodak Ekatachrome/Elitechrome 200 (think both the same.

Basically:

ISO 50 - Velvia 50
    ISO 100 - Velvia 100, if dun have get Kodak E100VS
    ISO 200 - No point, but if Provia 400F and Sensia 200/400 not available try Ekatachrome/Elitechrom 200
    ISO 400 - Provia 400F, else Sensia 400

For Provia 100F, more like a general slide which is contrasty and sharp. Astia 100F less contrast and nicer to skin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast