First google result explains it pretty wellOriginally Posted by B-setting
1) the balance is still off.... e.g. from left to center to right....Currently my eyes is like running all over and lastly ending with the CBD with the bridge that leads me out of the frame. (If going by my eye attention rate,it's like, 5% weightage on left (outdoor theatre), 15% weightage on the MBS, 50% on the CBD and the rest to the floating sign on the water...)
2) Color Saturation. I think you have pushed the saturation on the red/orange abit too much... A closer look (since you uploaded the 100%, so I peeped in) would even see that the HSBC building have a strange orange strip which makes it feels unatural...
3) Did you use a brush to adjust the clarity or exposure of the MBS and MBFC? I see light haloing on the MBS (I'm looking at the "tip" of the "ship" and along the sides of the building) and the MBFC (along the sides of the buildings as well).
Regarding the "balance" of the frame, I would suggest abit of reading...
- The Art of Photography: Dividing the Frame- Balance
- The Art of Photography Learning Log: Project: Dividing the Frame - Balance
- Photography techniques: Composition of the frame
Probably these will give you a general idea of the balancing thingy....
*btw, I think next time can upload smaller picture lar, full size take alot of time to load. A simpler way to share the picture in reduce sized is click on Share > Select Size > Choose BBCode > Copy the text in the textbox and paste into the reply box in CS*
Buildings I took reference from are MBFC (extreme left) and 1 George St (extreme right). Initially, I was trying to get equal amount of space from the buildings to the edge of the frame but found that the composition will look a little left heavy because MBFC appears larger because of its distance (its a larger building too) compared to 1 George St. So I gave a little more space on the extreme left. Although Furama is on the extreme right, I did not use that as a marker because its just too small in the frame. I'll end up with a left heavy composition if I did so. Further, if I were to shift more to the left, Victoria Memorial Hall gets into the frame and the tower will appear taller than Furama because of its distance. That, to me would be a sore thumb on the extreme right.