Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: architectural + cityscapes photography #11

Blog Entries

Default Re: architectural + cityscapes photography #11

Quote Originally Posted by coolthought View Post
    First sunrise of 2012 in CBD
    Happy new year to all folks in Clubsnap

C&C welcome
    You used the big stopper for this right? Just thought the slight blue cast actually gave the balls a slight blue colour which IIRC the balls are white. Just a slight nitpick. Cheers!

Here's my Colored version of the same shot I posted earlier....

Hope I didn't mess up the WB/Tint this time... the first time I tried correcting it, I got a weird colored sky... Any form of C&C is welcomed...
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

So the balls are white, i picked my colour balance with them and auto adjusted.

I thought it looks more gray this morning?

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Howdy folks! Thanks for coming! Its intriguing to see different renditions of the same scene. Here's mine.....
    Agreed! Also interesting to compare with your initial photo and see new buildings popping up

Last one from me... this one during the short window when there were purple clouds... however at this earlier hour the building lights are too bright as compared to ambient

Esplanade New Year sunrise by knowenoughhappy, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing, C&C always welcome

Quote Originally Posted by tengk View Post

Hmm not sure if it's due to your filter, left side of photo still has some greenish cast maybe that's why

For coolthought's photo wondering if it is due to vignetting effect such that the sides are darker with heavier blue cast, centre part looks white enough to me

Thanks Kit for organising this fruitful event.
    I follow Kit workflow and C&C are most welcome.

Thanks Nitewalk for correct my error, otherwise all my pic will tilt upward.

Quote Originally Posted by thoongeng View Post
    Agreed! Also interesting to compare with your initial photo and see new buildings popping up
    Last one from me... this one during the short window when there were purple clouds... however at this earlier hour the building lights are too bright as compared to ambient
    Here's my take on the before the building lights went off...

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie77 View Post
    Thanks Kit for organising this fruitful event.
    I follow Kit workflow and C&C are most welcome.

Thanks Nitewalk for correct my error, otherwise all my pic will tilt upward.
    I noticed that your reflections is brighter... by any chance, were you using GND?

My personally take is I feel that the reflections should not be brighter than the originals...
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Shenton Timeless

Shenton Timeless by Scintt, on Flickr

Another version, when the sun came up.

I noticed that your reflections is brighter... by any chance, were you using GND?

My personally take is I feel that the reflections should not be brighter than the originals...
    Yes , using GND 0.9. Thanks for comment, next round will careful on this part.

As for the color tone izzit ok ? Im using auto color correction in CS5, original pic bit blue ...

may drop by around dusk for a sunset shoot of same place with ND filters. Any other tips? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by tengk; 2nd January 2013 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie77 View Post
    Yes , using GND 0.9. Thanks for comment, next round will careful on this part.

As for the color tone izzit ok ? Im using auto color correction in CS5, original pic bit blue ...
    Looks ok to me... My feel is that the colour also depends on the time of the day (when it was earlier the sky was bluer so naturally the overall tone is bluer) and also the mood that you want to convey. Some people may make the whole photo's tone more yellowish to make the picture feel 'warmer'

may drop by around dusk for a sunset shoot of same place with ND filters. Any other tips? Thanks in advance.
    Oops reply a bit late, hope you didn't get caught in the rain. Not sure if your pics where cropped or that was your widest focal length? It felt a bit tight to me, so maybe you could shoot a bit wider.

I think as mentioned by thoongeng, I find it abit tight too. I kinda get the feeling that this is 18mm or somewhere there.

If this is your widest focal length, probably what I would have done is to tilt the lens slightly upwards (yes, it will cut the reflections) and even the water out with long exposure. After that, try to see If it's possible to then recover the distortions in photoshop. Distortion recovery does lose some image quality, but for web viewing resolution, I think it should be fine.

btw, part of the pavements can be seen at the bottom right hand corner.. It can be easily PP or cropped out.

Quote Originally Posted by thoongeng View Post
    Looks ok to me... My feel is that the colour also depends on the time of the day (when it was earlier the sky was bluer so naturally the overall tone is bluer) and also the mood that you want to convey. Some people may make the whole photo's tone more yellowish to make the picture feel 'warmer'

Oops reply a bit late, hope you didn't get caught in the rain. Not sure if your pics where cropped or that was your widest focal length? It felt a bit tight to me, so maybe you could shoot a bit wider.
    Thanks guys! My lucky day, didn,t get caught in the rain but got stuck in a jam at AYE(1 hr). Made a u turn when i can't make it for sunset besides it was cloudy. 27mm, the next time i'll move further back to try to get the angle that you guys shot, not sure if i have to be in the water though?
    But the 27mm at least allowed me to do a panorama of the city. You guys are at the extreme left.

Last edited by tengk; 3rd January 2013 at 12:32 AM.

Thanks guys! My lucky day, didn,t get caught in the rain but got stuck in a jam at AYE(1 hr). Made a u turn when i can't make it for sunset besides it was cloudy. 27mm, the next time i'll move further back to try to get the angle that you guys shot, not sure if i have to be in the water though?
    But the 27mm at least allow me to do a panorama of the city. You guys are at the extreme left.

Feels abit too heavy on the right hand side...

I've been trying to correct the tint in the long exposures. Still undecided if I should get rid of the vignetting.

cbd on the morning of 01/01/2013 by arkitectural photography, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    ...I know what u mean, lacks balance. My take home message from this outing and review is that amidst the chaos, colours and details in a cityscape one must seek out harmony among all the noise. Thanks a lot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    I've been trying to correct the tint in the long exposures. Still undecided if I should get rid of the vignetting.

cbd on the morning of 01/01/2013 by arkitectural photography, on Flickr
    Can someone correct me if I'm mistaken, is that colour banding in the water towards the bottom of the frame?

Quote Originally Posted by nitewalk

Can someone correct me if I'm mistaken, is that colour banding in the water towards the bottom of the frame?
    looks like it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by nitewalk View Post
    Thanks! Its wasn't that obvious on my laptop which I used to edit the photo but on my office's desktop, its showing even at 32 bit!

what is the likely cause of the colour banding? can enlighten us please? thnks.

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    I have tweaked the keystone by leveling the horizon and having more water at the bottom of picture, looks better than before and i think the aspect ratio also appears to be a bit more pleasant.

Last edited by tengk; 5th January 2013 at 12:50 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast