Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: anyone tried VPOST in US??

  1. #21

    Default Re: anyone tried VPOST in US??

    Out of curiosity, I tried the calculator.
    Congratulation, you have to pay ~ S$230

  2. #22
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori
    Out of curiosity, I tried the calculator.
    Congratulation, you have to pay ~ S$230
    poor David
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  3. #23

    Default Re: anyone tried VPOST in US??

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    Out of curiosity, I tried the calculator.
    Congratulation, you have to pay ~ S$230
    lol... if you look carefully, the site also says 26kg for that size..... which is i dunno how they calculate...
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  4. #24

    Default Re: anyone tried VPOST in US??

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    Anyone tried VPOST in US??

    Any feedback??
    For straight forward shipments, they are ok.
    If you want to save, and have a package which might be all air and box and want to save a bit by getting someone to re-pack it, over at the xtremeplace.com forum, there is a member called Peter Seow, who can ship items for you.

    Many hi fi members ship items like speakers, amplifiers etc from USA.
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

  5. #25
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: anyone tried VPOST in US??

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    Out of curiosity, I tried the calculator.
    Congratulation, you have to pay ~ S$230
    just hope the actual values of the items is many times more than this
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  6. #26
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: anyone tried VPOST in US??

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    my god..... i bought quite few items, lucky yet to buy 9 x 11 feet back ground from USA...

    my items yet to reflect in VPOST after i login.... 5 days liao....

    if too expensive, will use borderlinx.... heard cheaper...
    how to?

    if the items are already on the way to Vpost USA, and you want to redirect it to another company? pay here and there, you sure can save money?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  7. #27

    Default Re: anyone tried VPOST in US??

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    how to?

    if the items are already on the way to Vpost USA, and you want to redirect it to another company? pay here and there, you sure can save money?
    no, mean if the first time so expensive, then will go another company.

    got few items, so will tell them stuff all in one box, if best, dis-mantle the biggest item... but problem is.... bloody no email address......
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  8. #28

    Default Re: anyone tried VPOST in US??

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    lol... if you look carefully, the site also says 26kg for that size..... which is i dunno how they calculate...
    Its stated that they use 'volumetric' weight, that is.. they calculate weight based on volume, or actual weight, whichever is heavier.
    Despite the common accusation of 'robbing' the customer, this is actually very logical considering that they use airfreight, which is constrained by weight and volume, as opposed on sea freight.

  9. #29

    Default Re: anyone tried VPOST in US??

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    Its stated that they use 'volumetric' weight, that is.. they calculate weight based on volume, or actual weight, whichever is heavier.
    Despite the common accusation of 'robbing' the customer, this is actually very logical considering that they use airfreight, which is constrained by weight and volume, as opposed on sea freight.
    yeah.... saw that.... lucky buy to earn money not sitting at home to rot lol

    anyway, still yet to see it in vpost
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  10. #30

    Default Re: anyone tried VPOST in US??

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    yeah.... saw that.... lucky buy to earn money not sitting at home to rot lol

    anyway, still yet to see it in vpost
    Nearing Christmas.. good luck
    They'll be swamped by packages.. not mentioned the staff also want to take holiday

  11. #31

    Default Re: anyone tried VPOST in US??

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    Nearing Christmas.. good luck
    They'll be swamped by packages.. not mentioned the staff also want to take holiday
    not in hurry.... just that never use before a bit anxious lol

    u are right, never think about christmas....

    will update the costs here for people to know.

    anyway, i use another company and the rates about same for 5kg of books.
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  12. #32

    Default Re: anyone tried VPOST in US??

    buying backdrop by USA and u ship it here?
    i think your freight cost gonna be 2-3x more than your product
    u can only consider if your merchant or u have ways to do it via sea

    the thing about online shipping is u cannot buy items that are too small or too big
    as most of the time is never worth it. also have to depend how your merchant decide to pack the item
    Last edited by soeypixels; 18th December 2012 at 11:41 PM.

  13. #33
    Senior Member bonrya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    In a mobile cage
    Posts
    2,633

    Default

    You got up to 21 days to consolidate until they start charging you for warehousing fees... good luck!
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

  14. #34

    Default Re: anyone tried VPOST in US??

    Quote Originally Posted by soeypixels View Post
    buying backdrop by USA and u ship it here?
    i think your freight cost gonna be 2-3x more than your product
    u can only consider if your merchant or u have ways to do it via sea

    the thing about online shipping is u cannot buy items that are too small or too big
    as most of the time is never worth it. also have to depend how your merchant decide to pack the item
    thanks... wonder VPOST got sea or not LOL... basket no email address to ask...
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

  15. #35

    Default Re: anyone tried VPOST in US??

    Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    You got up to 21 days to consolidate until they start charging you for warehousing fees... good luck!
    hope they come fast fast!
    Eat breath LIVERPOOL!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •