Thread: DIY Photo booth

Default DIY Photo booth

Hi All,

I want to setup my own photo booth for my daughter's bday.

Do you know any Photo booth freeware? i tried to search in google but all the software i found must pay.

Default Re: DIY Photo booth

I catch no ball... what's a Photo booth freeware, what do you intend to do with it? I may help you out if you provide a clearer photo... I mean pic, literally...

Quote Originally Posted by dennisc View Post
    I catch no ball... what's a Photo booth freeware, what do you intend to do with it? I may help you out if you provide a clearer photo... I mean pic, literally...
    I think basically is those booths you see with an lcd monitor along with embedded flash and camera hooked up to a laptop and printer. There is a trigger which pressed gives a 10s timer and automatically takes a second shot. Most likely he wants the software that makes it all work. Something like those passport photo-taking machines.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Mac OS comes with "Photo Booth"

Quote Originally Posted by Reportage View Post
    I think basically is those booths you see with an lcd monitor along with embedded flash and camera hooked up to a laptop and printer. There is a trigger which pressed gives a 10s timer and automatically takes a second shot. Most likely he wants the software that makes it all work. Something like those passport photo-taking machines.
    Yes similar to passport photo-taking machines. I think is a good idea to setup a photo booth during my daughter bday party. the thing is, most of the software available is not free and i'm only going to use this for my daughter bday that's why i don't want of spend $$.

Quote Originally Posted by triplex571 View Post
    Yes similar to passport photo-taking machines. I think is a good idea to setup a photo booth during my daughter bday party. the thing is, most of the software available is not free and i'm only going to use this for my daughter bday that's why i don't want of spend $$.
    Could you share details of the camera system, printer and the software you plan to use?

FYI - I downloaded a trial version of dslrbooth (used it with a Nikon D600, windows laptop and a canon IP100 porta printer). It was useful to bring the images into a designated folder in the computer but I was not too impressed with the files it sent to my printer. Specifically:
    1. There was a trial version watermark that I could not get rid off. 'DSLRBooth Sample' or something similar plastered on all the photos!
    2. The colours were off and clarity was lacking in the final photo strips - the software down sizes resolution a bit too much is my guess.

So I ended up using the trial version of the DSLR Booth software just to remotely trigger the shutter and to bring the file into a designated folder in my laptop (something like camera control pro for Nikon can do it as well). Used Photoshop to add a caption and manually printed a 4x6. Results were quite pleasing, but you need to have an editing software and someone to be at the computer all the time!

If you have a mac and don't mind using the laptop's camera:
    http://www.curbly.com/users/bruno/po...nload-included

Should be ok if you print multiple photos in a 4x6 print - you might have to arrange for good continuous lighting, though!
    Last edited by swingsiva; 21st December 2012 at 12:00 AM.