Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Advise needed after down-sizing of gears

Default Re: Advise needed after down-sizing of gears

Quote Originally Posted by GhostAccord View Post
    Hi All

My current gears are as follows: Canon 600D with grip, 15-85mm with hood, 50mm f1.4, 70-200mm f4 IS with hood and 580 EX2. Have plans to down size my stuffs to just the Canon 600D (less grip) and 15-85mm with hood as I have no time for shoots due to heavier workload and a upcoming baby. Currently the gear carrier is a Lowepro DSLR Video Fastpack 350AW. Need some advice on the type of carrier/bag after down sizing.

In the near future, other than the camera bag, I will have to carry a diaper/baby bag (backpack style) which is similar in size to my current camera bag. Don't think I can handle so much stuffs. Shoulder bags are out due to an old shoulder injury.

Was looking at just getting a neoprene pouch for the 600D with 15-85mm mounted and then put the whole thing into the diaper/baby bag. Is this a feasible solution?

Please advise and thanks in advance.
    You ever considered the Sony Nex? I recently come to play with the Nex-F3 and it's $799 for twin lens. Not bad for an APS-C in such a small body.

Quote Originally Posted by windwaver View Post
    You ever considered the Sony Nex? I recently come to play with the Nex-F3 and it's $799 for twin lens. Not bad for an APS-C in such a small body.
    Never consider the Sony. In fact, I didn't really consider any other systems as I prefer to keep my current camera body. Not that I find they are not good.

Went down to the stores over the weekend to have a look at the Olympus OMD and E-P3. Didn't like the feel of holding the camera(s). Guess I am still used to big and average-weight camera bodies.

Over the last week, have sold my 70-200mm f4, Video Fastpack 350AW and 50mm f1.4. Now, I am left with the 600D, 15-85mm, 50mm f1.8 and 580EX2. Will keep all these for the time being. All I need now is a small bag to fit all these. Preferably a waist bag / beltpack.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostAccord
    Went down to the stores over the weekend to have a look at the Olympus OMD and E-P3. Didn't like the feel of holding the camera(s). Guess I am still used to big and average-weight camera bodies.

Over the last week, have sold my 70-200mm f4, Video Fastpack 350AW and 50mm f1.4. Now, I am left with the 600D, 15-85mm, 50mm f1.8 and 580EX2. Will keep all these for the time being. All I need now is a small bag to fit all these. Preferably a waist bag / beltpack.
    Actually, have you consider selling off your 580ex2 for a smaller 270ex2 ?
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

Quote Originally Posted by ahboy168 View Post

Actually, have you consider selling off your 580ex2 for a smaller 270ex2 ?
    Not really,for 2 reasons.

1. I hardly use the flash so I can actually just leave it at home.
    2. My brother is using the flash at the moment and it looks like he will most probably be holding on to it. Not really into flash photography so have no idea why he will need 2 flash.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123