Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Filipino threatens to kill Singaporeans

The original people of Singapore were the orang laut. Are you not an FT yourself by mere extension of a generation or two?

Just because you were here first does not mean you own the place. The earth is not yours. It never has been, it never will be.

Be grateful for what you have.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Default Re: Filipino threatens to kill Singaporeans

Quote Originally Posted by bonrya View Post
    The original people of Singapore were the orang laut. Are you not an FT yourself by mere extension of a generation or two?

Just because you were here first does not mean you own the place. The earth is not yours. It never has been, it never will be.

Btw, where are the orang laut already?
    Canon EOS 600D | 17-40 L | 24-105 L | 100 L | 50mm 1.8II | BG-E8

love loads

Quote Originally Posted by White Wolf View Post
    Oh ya, forgotten those below 21. Thanks.
    Seeing how we are having declining birth rate for decades, it will be extremely interesting to see the actual figures for natural born citizens who obtained birthrights against naturalized citizens after spending a minimum of just two years here as a PR and without serving NS released by the Department of Statistics (DOS), wouldn't be surprise if the former is a minority.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Just because you were here first does not mean you own the place.
    Is it wrong for a community of people to develop a sense of nationalistic self-identity after generations have sacrificed so much in their lives bringing us to where we are now, suddenly feeling disgruntled and threatened by a mass influx of immigrants with no attachment whatsoever to this place?
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images
    Is it wrong for a community of people to develop a sense of nationalistic self-identity after generations have sacrificed so much in their lives bringing us to where we are now, suddenly feeling disgruntled and threatened by a mass influx of immigrants with no attachment whatsoever to this place?
    It's not wrong. But using that as an excuse to be an ass towards foreigners is not nice. And it reflects badly on our upbringing.
    Last edited by bonrya; 17th December 2012 at 09:49 PM.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

By your logic, & going by the bible, all land belong to no one or to everyone. The original people is adam & eve? Fact is, there were and are still many immigrants but once Singapore became an independent nation & the people, regardless or race or color, are sworn in as its citizens, Singapore belongs to Singaporeans, & Singaporeans to Singapore. Are you saying that Singapore or Philippines belongs to no one or to everyone? All non-citizens ie. visitors, workers etc are only guests in our country. If any one of them dont like it here for whatever reasons, he can ship his a**e back home to where he came from. So I can go to Philippines & insult the country & its people & use this as an excuse?

Last edited by s1221ljc; 17th December 2012 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by s1221ljc View Post
    By your logic, & going by the bible, all land belong to no one or to everyone. The original people is adam & eve? Fact is, there were and are still many immigrants but once Singapore became an independent nation & the people are sworn in as its citizens, Singapore belongs to Singaporeans, & Singaporeans to Singapore. Are you saying that Singapore or Philipines belongs to no one or to everyone? All non-citizens ie. visitors, workers etc are only guests in our country. If any one of them dont like it here, they can ship his a**e back home to where he came from. So I can go to Philippinnes & insult the country & its people?
    a good argument..

then need SAF for what.. for what sovereignty do Singaporean fight for?

loads
    Last edited by dreaming; 17th December 2012 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DSolZ
    Half the island is FT. So different from 10 years ago.
    I think more than half already if you consider the "NEW" citizen.
    So we should be happy that almost the entire island is filled with talent ! Everyone is talented !
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

Quote Originally Posted by ahboy168 View Post
    I think more than half already if you consider the "NEW" citizen.
    So we should be happy that almost the entire island is filled with talent ! Everyone is talented !
    actually some of the occupation is really short-handed, we should welcome those in these profession such as Nursing, Nurse

actually if give Singaporean those jobs, then overhead too high, and cost translate to consumer. it is also not healthy. actually this is a balancing job between MOM, ministry of development, ministry of trade and industry and immigration. here i don't think they sit down and talk. you do yours and i do mine ...

Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    actually some of the occupation is really short-handed, we should welcome those in these profession such as Nursing, Nurse

actually if give Singaporean those jobs, then overhead too high, and cost translate to consumer. it is also not healthy. actually this is a balancing job between MOM, ministry of development, ministry of trade and industry and immigration. here i don't think they sit down and talk. you do yours and i do mine ...
    Agreed, it all boils down to knowing one's place and mutual respect.

While many would classify true blue Singaporean natives as mostly xenophobic, something which I beg to differ. Short of stereotyping, there are necessary foreign / migrant workers that we welcome with open arms and then there are those expatriates or foreign talents who walk over our heads with the mentality that we own them a living.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

facebook is the second face of a person...

these type of guys are only good in posting something but in real life - they act like a poor puppy dog.

Quote Originally Posted by nikoneer
    facebook is the second face of a person...

these type of guys are only good in posting something but in real life - they act like a poor puppy dog.
    So true.

Quote Originally Posted by s1221ljc
    By your logic, & going by the bible, all land belong to no one or to everyone. The original people is adam & eve? Fact is, there were and are still many immigrants but once Singapore became an independent nation & the people, regardless or race or color, are sworn in as its citizens, Singapore belongs to Singaporeans, & Singaporeans to Singapore. Are you saying that Singapore or Philippines belongs to no one or to everyone? All non-citizens ie. visitors, workers etc are only guests in our country. If any one of them dont like it here for whatever reasons, he can ship his a**e back home to where he came from. So I can go to Philippines & insult the country & its people & use this as an excuse?
    You can if you want to. No one is stopping you.
    My Flickr
    ~Neko baka

Quote Originally Posted by DSolZ View Post
    Half the island is FT. So different from 10 years ago.

FT Island.........
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Just yesterday morning, someone asked if I'm filipina...lol prior to that, perhaps like 5 years ago, pple will ask me if I'm Malay...how come no one asked me if I'm PRC?!?!

I have worked with various nationalities before...I hate to say this, but many Singaporeans are no difference from the FT. The psychological of human mind is profoundly deep...when you have a FT as neighbor, and they always have their doors closed, tendency is that the neighbors will say the FT are rude and arrogant. But when the FTs are nice and friendly, the neighbors tend to say that the FTs are up to no good....

As the saying always goes for the men on women: "women's heart is like looking for the needle in ocean deep" ditto for some Singaporeans as well...
    I am IN LOVE with my Camera....
    flickr

btw, is it philipino, philipina, pinoy, pinay or filipino? What is the correct way to address people from philipines?

Quote Originally Posted by ManWearPants
    btw, is it philipino, philipina, pinoy, pinay or filipino? What is the correct way to address people from philipines?
    Filipino or Pinoy for men. Filipina or Pinay for women.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalpimp View Post

Filipino or Pinoy for men. Filipina or Pinay for women.
    spelt with F and not Ph?

And how to address and separate Singapore and China chinese, Singapore and Malaysia malays, Singapore and India indians?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast