Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 589101112 LastLast

Thread: Are Bose speakers any good?

Try investing on good stands - Atacama. Using these for my Spirits.... they sound very good for your speaker size.. i reckon a 24" one would suffice.

hey laugh,

what's up manz? maintain radio silence sia! how's the system now? song bo? at least post some pictures of the setup lah... this is CS leh.....

Cheers........

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Try investing on good stands - Atacama. Using these for my Spirits.... they sound very good for your speaker size.. i reckon a 24" one would suffice.

haha, im rearranging my room to contain my setup. Next step is definitely the stands and a nice chair to lounge in.

you people are rich man...

Quote Originally Posted by tao
    you people are rich man...
    if "laugh" was rich, he would have bought himself a new set. He is using a bookshelf speaker with was his dad. After that he bought himself a second amp which cost him about $300 plus.

wah like that you call rich. I just wonder how about those mega rich ones own $50,000-$60,000 hi-fi sets. i guess you will probably get nose bleed....

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    if "laugh" was rich, he would have bought himself a new set. He is using a bookshelf speaker with was his dad. After that he bought himself a second amp which cost him about $300 plus.

wah like that you call rich. I just wonder how about those mega rich ones own $50,000-$60,000 hi-fi sets. i guess you will probably get nose bleed....
    haha, spot on man...

hee... cos i poor student mah.... can only afford mini-compo.

if u call us rich, then why are you having a 20 inch Apple Studio Display?

Hmmm.......

if u call us rich, then why are you having a 20 inch Apple Studio Display?

Hmmm.......
    Hmm ... wahhh richer than me .... i can only afford a compatible one ...

OMG! you are rich too, when I was a student, I could only afford a walkman (not a disc man)!

Quote Originally Posted by plinius
    OMG! you are rich too, when I was a student, I could only afford a walkman (not a disc man)!
    Same here.. the old school walkman about 2 inches thick type ... mine's still around ... but ok la... i was using $50 (from my angpao) earphones... and that was my start of the journey to the hifi road...

OT a bit, any good amp + speaker combinations that's good for mp3/digital music from PC? am using SB live (the first version, dun mind upgrading to better sound cards)

Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus
    OT a bit, any good amp + speaker combinations that's good for mp3/digital music from PC? am using SB live (the first version, dun mind upgrading to better sound cards)
    Oooo ... you dug up this thread

Firstly ... got to ask yourself this:

1. Are you a 2 channel person or a multi channel person?
    2. What's your source most of the time? (games or music)
    3. Do you listen through earphones / headphones most of the time.

For me, i have a Marantz SR-4300 hooked up. A simple set with 5.1 speaker system for movies only via digitial Coaxial using an Audigy as a source. Otherwise, i'm using a NAD integrated for my music.

Default Cute Sheepy

Hello everone,
    I am a newbie here. I am writing with reference to LAUGH's picture.

One thing I love to eat is the mutton soup. Malay style or the Hainanese style. After looking at your little picture, I leel like I must give up eating mutton soup. I swore in 1992 not to eat turtle soup any more after seeing those cute little things struggling to stay alive.

Good morning & have a nice work week.

Text removed by Roy as sale of non-photography related items is not allowed on CS.

Thanks & regards,
    David.
    Last edited by roygoh; 13th April 2005 at 05:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Oooo ... you dug up this thread

Firstly ... got to ask yourself this:

1. Are you a 2 channel person or a multi channel person?
    2. What's your source most of the time? (games or music)
    3. Do you listen through earphones / headphones most of the time.

For me, i have a Marantz SR-4300 hooked up. A simple set with 5.1 speaker system for movies only via digitial Coaxial using an Audigy as a source. Otherwise, i'm using a NAD integrated for my music.
    1) I listen much more to music. esp mp3, and some radio. hardly any CDs.(the CD player on my mini-compo has spoilt). SO i guess 2 channel is enough. most sound cards support at least 5.1 though

2) source is mp3. i dun do games

3) Erm...mostly thru speakers.

I duno what is SR-4300 now know how you integrate your NAD...

cheers

Hi,

Personally my front speakers are Polk Audio Studio monitors and I like them.

My rear speakers are JBL's.... I like them too.

Bose have made some very nice speakers over the years, but, one thing that made me think was....

I came across a pair of floor standing speakers they made that had an accoustic brick.
    This "accoustic brick" was a brick positioned within the enclosure to stop the colum from falling forward
    It was an incorrectly designed enclosure

Cheers
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

Quote Originally Posted by daviddino
    Hello everone,
    I am a newbie here. I am writing with reference to LAUGH's picture.

One thing I love to eat is the mutton soup. Malay style or the Hainanese style. After looking at your little picture, I leel like I must give up eating mutton soup. I swore in 1992 not to eat turtle soup any more after seeing those cute little things struggling to stay alive.

Good morning & have a nice work week.

Oh, by the way, I have a pair of JVC speakers for only S$30. Yes, only $30 with free dysfuntional system. The pictures are at
    http://community.webshots.com/album/229979672rrPVks.

Thanks & regards,
    David.
    Wahaha, didnt know my avatar could make you think twice about eating mutton.

Just an update, im really enjoying my NAD integrated with my KEF speakers, am waiting for my new place to set up the equipment properly. Next on my list is a NAD cd player...

As for PC, i really have no idea which spikes are good. Im using creative 2.1s...

Quote Originally Posted by laugh
    Wahaha, didnt know my avatar could make you think twice about eating mutton.

Just an update, im really enjoying my NAD integrated with my KEF speakers, am waiting for my new place to set up the equipment properly. Next on my list is a NAD cd player...

As for PC, i really have no idea which spikes are good. Im using creative 2.1s...
    Hi laugh,

You have NAD with KEF

Ahhhhh that would be such a nice system !!!

Please tell me you don't play "doof doof" music through it.... please !!!
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

don't know abt u guys, but B&O does it for me

whats doof doof music?
    if you are referring to techno.. no.. that is about the only genre i dun listen to...

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 589101112 LastLast