Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sony PSP: Official Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    He say, "Oh... Thank you."
    Wei dun anyhow hantam....

It's "Oh I see, thank you very much"

Quote Originally Posted by kerpalz
    Baka!~~~baka~~~ baka~
    Eh....i dun think that is very polite. In Japanese translation, it's one of the worst words to swear and normally my Jap friends would not even mentioned it at all no matter how angry they are.

Naughty boy!

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    Eh....i dun think that is very polite. In Japanese translation, it's one of the worst words to swear and normally my Jap friends would not even mentioned it at all no matter how angry they are.

Naughty boy!
    hahaha... thats what my overseas exchange frenz teach me...hahaha

Wei dun anyhow hantam....

It's "Oh I see, thank you very much"
    "Sou desu ne..."

Some Japanese phrases are open to all forms of interpretations, depending on da tone of the speaker.

Right here, its all words and no tone. So pretty hard for me to second guess ur mind.

Naughty boy!
    I believe got rougher ones....

Psst! Photographic trip to Japan next year. Wanna go?

I believe got rougher ones....

Psst! Photographic trip to Japan next year. Wanna go?
    I just came back from Japan lei......Need to collect money. Seeing enough of Japan for now. Now want to go more internal parts of China.

Yes you are right on "So Desu Ne"......well that's true on how we interpret. No need to guess what I am thinking. Better don't or else something really bad will go wrong........

Yes I know we have much worst than "Baka" but this is really bad if you know the actual meaning.

are the games bought using UMD or game cartridge? is the format used "international" unlike PS2 japan/US/Asia....
    thx.
    flickr me....
    exposure medium: 30% film, 70% sensor

yo kerpalz, didn't know u on CS also, no wonder ur nick sound so familiar haha...

Naughty boy!
    oh really ? i always hear that word in Anime

so expensive now really wish to get now as do u guys know the current made in japan set is using sharp LCD which in term of colour production is sharper and nice , once they launch to asia will be made in china set which use samsung LCD which is very far from sharp LCD and i have seen the difference already so i urge those who can afford now to get it now mai tu liao!then wait for the games!!! but now i no money only can ask people buy then see people happy i sad

i actually hope that PSP can play games like FF7,8,9,10..... if can ah.. i will buy liaoz...

haf ?? is Squaresoft going to develop FF series games into PSP ??

Quote Originally Posted by S11loop
    so expensive now really wish to get now as do u guys know the current made in japan set is using sharp LCD which in term of colour production is sharper and nice , once they launch to asia will be made in china set which use samsung LCD which is very far from sharp LCD and i have seen the difference already so i urge those who can afford now to get it now mai tu liao!then wait for the games!!! but now i no money only can ask people buy then see people happy i sad
    What you say is very true......

When the PS2 first came into limelight few years back, I took a deep dive and bought it when I was in Japan. It was darn ex but who cares! The components inside are made very differently. Nowadays the PS2 models are all made in China with very cheap components. That is why Sony Singapore/Asia are able to sell it at very low price.

Even in Japan, the models are all made in China now. The biggest differance you can feel is the weight of the PS2. I found this when I was playing with my friend's PS2. I asked some of those who use to do mods for this machines and they told me the initial PS2 are much much better when it was still made in Japan. The made in japan version are much heavier.....

Same will go towards the initial PSPs. Still thinking very hard whether to get it before it converts into "Made in China" packing. Now all PSP are assembled in Japan.

A matter of quality vs price.

Get whatever u think is worth it.

Still, u've gotta take a 7hr flight back to Japan if ur unit goes cuckoo. Though I love dat country, but den flying 7hr there to get my things repaired abit... erm...

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    haf ?? is Squaresoft going to develop FF series games into PSP ??
    A lot of my friends & others I know (including some CP staff) who are ultimate hardcore on FF, have given up after FFXI was announced. It just lost the mood/feeling already. Sigh...

A matter of quality vs price.

Get whatever u think is worth it.

Still, u've gotta take a 7hr flight back to Japan if ur unit goes cuckoo. Though I love dat country, but den flying 7hr there to get my things repaired abit... erm...
    Choi! Choi! Choi! Touch Wood!

I have not had a single problem at all since the first day. If there really a problem, I will send it to someone I know who repairs from Nintendo, PS/PS2, Sega and so on. No need to go Japan.......hehe.

Any PSP MO for Japan sets?

mmm ... the US sets are going for US$249 (pre-order).... anyone want to parallel import ? ;P

Just curious.. Are there any concerns about regions (same theory as DVD)? was reading up the specs in GameSpot and in the specs, they listed "Regional code system" as a 'feature' under the UMD media. So does that mean that games/movies/whatever are going to be region locked ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darrelchia
    mmm ... the US sets are going for US$249 (pre-order).... anyone want to parallel import ? ;P

Just curious.. Are there any concerns about regions (same theory as DVD)? was reading up the specs in GameSpot and in the specs, they listed "Regional code system" as a 'feature' under the UMD media. So does that mean that games/movies/whatever are going to be region locked ?
    Games are not region-restricted, thus any game can be played on any other region's PSP.

Only UMD movies will be region-coded and will only play on that particular region's PSP. I have seen a demo UMD movie on the PSP, and its pretty impressive. Having said that, I don't think that I will be watching any movies on the PSP, rather prefer to watch on DVD on a big screen (or on notebook when travelling).

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    Games are not region-restricted, thus any game can be played on any other region's PSP.

Only UMD movies will be region-coded and will only play on that particular region's PSP. I have seen a demo UMD movie on the PSP, and its pretty impressive. Having said that, I don't think that I will be watching any movies on the PSP, rather prefer to watch on DVD on a big screen (or on notebook when travelling).
    Psst, portable DVD players with screens are very cheap nowadays. Heehee.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast