Thread: Rechargeable AA and quick charger - Give me some advice

Default Rechargeable AA and quick charger - Give me some advice

Hi,
    I am looking for 4xAA + charger, 2hr charge or faster. There r so many many brand, which one do u recommend? Also something value for money/affordable.

sanyo 2500mah

don't scrimp on the charger. normally you'll keep the charger and change the batteries as they die out on you. Get a good charger that monitors the battery levels and temperature during charge can extend your battery life considerably.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Default Energizer's 15 minutes charger

anybody knows if the Energizer's 15 minutes battery charger is available in Singapore?
    Energizer's 15 minutes battery charger

How about the Energizer AA Rechargeable batteries ? Anyone used it ?
    Good compare to others ??

It might be better not to get those super quick 1-2hr chargers... my Sanyo 1 hr charger died within a year. For some unknown reason, it just short-circuited and burnt the circuit board after charging my 2300mah batteries for 15mins. My other normal quick charger is still going strong after more than a year.

Quote Originally Posted by zedwerkz
    It might be better not to get those super quick 1-2hr chargers... my Sanyo 1 hr charger died within a year. For some unknown reason, it just short-circuited and burnt the circuit board after charging my 2300mah batteries for 15mins. My other normal quick charger is still going strong after more than a year.
    Super quick to charge. Super quick to die...
    Thanks for the info.

Last time I post a tread on batt and it seems that Sanyo is cheap and good. 4pcs for $18. for charger I would recommed you to buy one with individual charging ie to say it charges each battery seperately till its full unlike most charger which must charge in pairs. I brought a Maha charger and think its quite good since i can choose fast/slow charging depending on need. It also had some technology to ensure the charge is good and temp is controlled. Not too good in explaining maybe you can go to the site to see.

btw i got it from w3cube a shop in the building opps funan, dun think any other place selling it. forgotten the name of the building but you can get it by doing a search online for w3 cube.

flowerpot: The maha charger charges each battery individually ?

Ya thats what the specification says. Mmm for more infor maybe you can go steve to look for it. Saw it at steve i think. they did a comparison and decided that its one of the better charger out there. For battery steve also had comparsion better all the brands but guess it had to depends on where and how you use it too. Singapore lagi hot lor

Oh btw my charger is a 100min charger.

if u put 1 batt instead of 2 or 4, does that consider charge individually?

Oh. thanks...
    My universal battery charger dying liao... time to get a new 1...

Erm what I mean is that you can put 4 battery in at the same time and they will be treated like 4 different battery. like you got 3 totally empty battery and 1 is half fill, the half fill one will be fully charged first and will change to tickle charge(charging a low current just to ensure it is full all the time) while the others will continue till they are full. With other charger, if you put 1 half fill and 1 empty battery to charge most likely it will keep chargeing the half full battery even if its full till they are all full(this will shorten the battery life I think)

Erm for more info read this
    http://www.steves-digicams.com/2002_...ha_c401fs.html

Hope this helps

If any of you guys are interested, this is the cheapest price I've found so far, quite value for $$ IMO. AND I'm not in any way affliated with this seller. Just passing on a good deal. Cheers

http://page.auctions.shopping.yahoo....4?aucview=0x23

Actually I now waiting for this charger to be sold here if posible.
    Looks like a cool charger and have functions that I always wanted.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/hamacc/2264.html

Alternative solution is to buy those chargers that charge Radio controlled vehicles' batteries. The option there is unlimited.

Snayo serve me well for the last 10 months...still going strong on 2300 & 2500 mzh.