Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Server slows down again.....

Was mentioned that the forum is slow due to some superlong thread.
    They are truncated and locked but a similar thread pop up.

Maybe we can try to refrain from posting too much boliao thread and hog up the system.. Anything not related to photography should be kept to the minimal. Hopefully this will ease the situation.

For goodness sake, save the band width!!

Hope I dun get flame for saying this out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by binbeto

Maybe we can try to refrain from posting too much boliao thread and hog up the system.. Anything not related to photography should be kept to the minimal. Hopefully this will ease the situation.
    At this point, we don't think the threads you are referring to (the Sentosa outing and Chit Chat threads) are affecting the overall performance since they are 10x smaller than when we had to remove the thread from view.

We try not to limit free speech on ClubSNAP as all of us need to participate once in a while in some boliao talk while still engaged with our photography and equipment discussions (well some participate more on boliao talk, and some participate more in photography talk ... ... to each his/her own)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by binbeto

For goodness sake, save the band width!!

Hope I dun get flame for saying this out.
    just to put the record straight - yes, while the sentosa gang do talk a lot of 'bo liao' things, if u have the patience to plow thru all the talk, we do talk abt photographic stuff. most of the time, we talk talk a bit, then go shoot. just look for drudkh's recent macro posts. we chit chatted a bit abt wat lenses & equipment to use, then go and shoot.

there are a thousand and one reason for slow-downs. slow/old servers, too many users logging on etc...etc... sometimes, the chief reason could be our slow internet connection.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by Darren
    At this point, we don't think the threads you are referring to (the Sentosa outing and Chit Chat threads) are affecting the overall performance since they are 10x smaller than when we had to remove the thread from view.

We try not to limit free speech on ClubSNAP as all of us need to participate once in a while in some boliao talk while still engaged with our photography and equipment discussions (well some participate more on boliao talk, and some participate more in photography talk ... ... to each his/her own)

I see.. Sorry for hurting anyone feeling.

Admin, thanks for the job well done so far.

In that case, the reason for slowing down should be becos of the increased traffic, which is a good thing.. More people to buy my stuff..

Deregistered

Ok ok... I promise to post less

More constructive posts and less BUY BUY BUY posts.

Promise

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Ok ok... I promise to post less

More constructive posts and less BUY BUY BUY posts.

Promise
    Hah! I shall now lock this thread and put as sticky!!

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    just to put the record straight - yes, while the sentosa gang do talk a lot of 'bo liao' things, if u have the patience to plow thru all the talk, we do talk abt photographic stuff. most of the time, we talk talk a bit, then go shoot. just look for drudkh's recent macro posts. we chit chatted a bit abt wat lenses & equipment to use, then go and shoot.

there are a thousand and one reason for slow-downs. slow/old servers, too many users logging on etc...etc... sometimes, the chief reason could be our slow internet connection.
    Darren just explained to us that there is no more such long thread causing the lag at the moment.

The previous thread is causing the problem are identified by the server admin. I didn't make any assumption on that part. They have since been locked.

Cheers.

Blog Entries

I am going to close off this thread before any further misunderstanding occurs. We are aware of the performance problem and will be fixing that *real soon now* with a server upgrade.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12