Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 41

Thread: Why do you think people still use IE

  1. #1

    Default Why do you think people still use IE

    Im just curious. I mean, given all the vulnerabilities and loopholes, why do people still insist in using IE?

    Or simply too lazy to download another browser?

    What do you guys think?

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    301

    Default

    have to use IE at times cuz certain sites are not firefox friendly ie. scripts cannot work, alignment problems... etc...

  3. #3

    Default

    Netscape Navigator, Firefox, Opera, all better alternatives to IE.

    Microsoft

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Last planet from the sun
    Posts
    2,822

    Default

    SAFARI.......

  5. #5

    Default

    cos I find IE faster on my pc, and I have enough antispam, anti spyware etc...

    and certain things I'm more used to on IE. (yes, I tried firefox... deleted it soon after.. ).

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rusty
    have to use IE at times cuz certain sites are not firefox friendly ie. scripts cannot work, alignment problems... etc...
    try maxthon? it's IE based so i think it has some of the inherent weaknesses but it seems just as fast and it can handle pages firefox or opera cannot. and you have tabbed-browsing (i really cannot stand having so many open windows when using IE).

  7. #7
    Senior Member Hommie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_jason
    Netscape Navigator, Firefox, Opera, all better alternatives to IE.

    Microsoft
    Kudo to netscape, I can't live without tab surfing now!!

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pro Image
    SAFARI.......
    YES SAFARI........
    I would have added more thumbs ups but system does not allow

  9. #9

    Default

    Programs that use activex like pandascan won't work on firefox.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loupgarou
    cos I find IE faster on my pc, and I have enough antispam, anti spyware etc...

    and certain things I'm more used to on IE. (yes, I tried firefox... deleted it soon after.. ).
    Sometimes it not just about spyware, its about a fundamental flaw in IE.

    I can unserstand the part about IE loading scripts properly (activeX also), becasue most pple design their sites with IE in mind.

    Not to fuel the anti-microsoft fire (which i am against btw), but any more reasons why one should choose IE?
    Last edited by laugh; 6th March 2005 at 10:38 PM.

  11. #11

    Default

    Coz some people are computer idiots. They just don't know how to use one properly. So they only use what's given to them.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default

    IE preinstalled... others need to install... those who only use to surf casually wouldn't even care which browser they are using... and its even easier for tech support to just say... open your IE, u dunno?, ok follow me, click start, etc... rather than... u using firefox, netscape, or something else?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  13. #13

    Default

    Because it's got Windows Update, and is the industry standard, and I'm familiar with the interface.

    So far I have not experienced ANY security problems with IE. Of course, I update regularly (it's automatic nowadays) and I have firewall and antivirus.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Behind the viewfinder...
    Posts
    5,851

    Default

    Lazy and complacent? One browser is just a means to surf SO... if it surf, it works.

    There's a better alternative always out there

    * Okie, here's another scenerio for all to ponder upon: WHAT IF Microsoft OS comes preloaded with say... NETSCAPE? Hmm.. that's another story. But then again some are forced to use IE due to System admin restrictions that prevent them to have a 2nd option in the office

    I think only those who takes surfing to the next level would care about what kind of browser they are using
    Last edited by SniperD; 6th March 2005 at 11:12 PM.

  15. #15
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by StreetShooter
    Because it's got Windows Update, and is the industry standard, and I'm familiar with the interface.

    So far I have not experienced ANY security problems with IE. Of course, I update regularly (it's automatic nowadays) and I have firewall and antivirus.
    I second this...so far I have 0 problem with IE6...I think people are too paranoid about security loop hole etc...M$ will not sit back and wait for disaster to struck.....I guess the FOC s/w will not have the same capacity and speed to counter any sort of security shortfall like M$

    In my office...some of our in house applications will not work in other platform other than IE so that left us very little options But we are happy with that as we do not need to take care of another software

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    near the Equator
    Posts
    1,255

    Default

    It's Firefox and ZoneAlarm for me.OpenOffice too.I'm for open source.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    try maxthon? it's IE based so i think it has some of the inherent weaknesses but it seems just as fast and it can handle pages firefox or opera cannot. and you have tabbed-browsing (i really cannot stand having so many open windows when using IE).
    I've been using it since it first released as MyIE2. Great feature packed browser.

  18. #18
    Senior Member dennisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Freezing Upp Thomson/Mandai!
    Posts
    2,008

    Default

    I use IE, because Netscape/Firebird slows down my notebook. Sometimes it'll just load and load until it runs out of memory. But I hate the way IE just shoves the browser #2, #4 etc (when opening multiple browsers) in your face when ur working on browser #1. Very rude....

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    Coz some people are computer idiots. They just don't know how to use one properly. So they only use what's given to them.
    Ironically, most computer and web professionals probably have to use IE to test their designs because it is "given to them" as a common denominator. It will be inaccurate to label these programmers as "computer idiots" when they write more lines of Java than the cups of Java coffee I drink.

    For me, I use IE at work because it is the only browser authorised by my company.

    At home, Firefox liberates me.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dennisc
    I use IE, because Netscape/Firebird slows down my notebook. Sometimes it'll just load and load until it runs out of memory. But I hate the way IE just shoves the browser #2, #4 etc (when opening multiple browsers) in your face when ur working on browser #1. Very rude....
    Hope M$ will solve this in IE7

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •