Hi guys and gals,
This is the 3rd installation with regard to the first. This is a challenge to the current crop of people, some who did not even took a picture with film or prime len. After the shoot we will go for lunch and share our experience if you are keen.
Intentions of this event:
1. Seek to improve exposure and composing techniques
2. Meet more friends
Rules for this event
1. Any camera, be it digital or film, 35mm or medium or even large format
2. Any film, be it B&W, colour slide or negative
3. 36 exposures, other format users are also restricted to 36 exposures (regardless how many cameras you bring)
4. 1 prime len of 50mm or equal in 35mm format. If no 50mm prime:
- Use another prime of your choice
- Use a zoom but you fixed it to 50mm thoughout the outing
- Use a zoom but you fixed it at any one focal length you prefer thoughout the outing
5. No deletion of pictures allowed. Each digital user will be checked with their picture count (image numbering) before and after the event.
6. No change of ISO (for digital users) or film (for film users).
7. No cropping allowed (if not as well as a zoom)
Location: Chinatown Market
Date: 13th March 2005
Time: 8.00am - 12.00pm
Meetup Point: Chinatown MRT
Slots: Now is 12 instead as more is merrier
Please PM me your particulars if you are interested. I will need the following information as confirmation that you would come. Be assured that your personal information will not be given out without your permission:
1. Real Name
3. Mobile Contact (or home contact if not available)
List of Participants:
7. Pyre of Fyre
13. liquify (ok, lah, think 1 or 2 more will not die)
14. quekky (OK, over limit but you have to carry my ladder )
Basically this trip will cover the Market (hence the early timing), shops around the market and a look at the old folks there. Full of stuff there to see (or shoot if you like). My target is to start by 8am till 11.30am, then we go for an early lunch. You can choose to move in smaller groups or by yourself, as this trip is to help explore your potential in tackling Chinese old folks while improving your framing techniques and interaction skills. Feel free to buy any vegetables/meat along the way. I will need to buy as my mother is away in China, so those who wants a dinner with me and taste my cooking skill can come my house at night. But you will definitely regret doing so
Just in case, the food at Chinatown hawker is ok for all? I just want to confirm if there are any Muslim, Vegeterian or other food eaters? We can always make arrangement to go other places so we can all talk photo while keeping our racial harmony intact.
One last thing, be punctual as much as possible so we can start early