Thread: Sinulog, Dinagyang, Bohol

Cool Sinulog, Dinagyang, Bohol

Hi Fellow Clubsnappers! :-)

Will be heading to Sinulog, Dinagyang and Bohol next year. Expecting to see lots of photographers there! Anyone like to meet up for drinks just pm me. :-)

Would like to seek the advice of those who's been there past few years please?

1. How's the security of the 3 areas that time? Any other precautions besides the usual using common sense, put wallet/bag in front, look out for motorcycles snatch thefts?

2. Anyone planning to shoot the fluvial parades? or shot it before? Where's the best vantage point? how far zoom is required? Totally new to shooting a parade on water, have no idea what to expect for this lol :P

3. Which land parades is the must go? There's so many things going on for each festival schedule, it's overwhelming!

4. Any tips to shoot the Chocolate hills? Planning to go during dawn or dusk, guess have to hire my own transport there liao. Any good vantage points besides the standard observation deck? I assume that will be crowded with tourists.

5. I'm planning to bring 2 cams, one with 24-105mm, and another with a telezoom up to 300mm. Both F4 only. What do you guys think? Wonder if fast lens is required... or a FE/UWA?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. :-)

I'll be glad to help too if fellow travellers have any queries.

Default Re: Sinulog, Dinagyang, Bohol

when will u be headed to bohol?

I've been wanting to head to bohol for quite some time already.

I know there's a thread where someone went swimming with whale sharks after/before they travelled from/to bohol. can't seem to find it already.

forgot where tht was.

In Jan 2013. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by eleveninth View Post
    I know there's a thread where someone went swimming with whale sharks after/before they travelled from/to bohol. can't seem to find it already.
    swim with whale shark is at Oslob, southern tip of Cebu. you can do dolphin and whale watching at Bohol.

Quote Originally Posted by vee5 View Post
    In Jan 2013. :-)
    i see u there.

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se View Post

i see u there.
    Lol ya think we r on the same flight lo.... It'll be a riot there!

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se View Post

swim with whale shark is at Oslob, southern tip of Cebu. you can do dolphin and whale watching at Bohol.
    Cool! Sounds interesting! Will definitely do that if it's not too expensive.

Me together with my wife and my 5 mth boy will be going there next year during Chinese new year. Looking for more information here. Just we not sure where should we stay, Bohol or Cebu.

Quote Originally Posted by sachokphantom View Post
    Me together with my wife and my 5 mth boy will be going there next year during Chinese new year. Looking for more information here. Just we not sure where should we stay, Bohol or Cebu.
    Both bohol and cebu are huge, with a few beaches to choose from. It's like Bintan and Batam. It's not like Singapore and Sentosa.
    Most will base in Cebu while travelling to Bohol for a day trip I reckon, if you are short of time.

Anyone been to Sinulog or Dinagyang can share their experience? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by vee5 View Post
    Anyone been to Sinulog or Dinagyang can share their experience? :-)
    there isn't much in dinagyang and sinulug.

I think both are just... colorful street dance and party anywhere. not so much....

if you are in Bohol, dont forget to visit the:

1. PRONY - bohol's longest & biggest Python on Captivity
    2. Hinagdanan Cave - Hinagdanan Cave - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I presume your talking about sinulog festival held in Cebu about January? If you are I attended several years ago & got a photographers pass (cannot remember the cost but cheap) which enabled to get passed roped off areas during the street parade & mingle with the people dressed in costumes & made the picture taking so much easier.
    They had an area for photographers at the Miss SInulog parade at the sports arena,I had a 70-200 on a 30D back then.
    Any other info just PM me

Tks for the sharing cookey :-)