Page 1 of 13 123611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 245

Thread: D800 User Thread II

  1. #1
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default D800 User Thread II

    Last edited by catchlights; 10th December 2012 at 10:35 PM.

  2. #2
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default D800 User Thread II

    Quote Originally Posted by lunas View Post
    Do u guys shoot in medium size tiff rather than in raw? Does tiff contain the same amount of info as Raw?
    TIFF is sort of like a glorified uncompressed JPEG.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123

    TIFF is sort of like a glorified uncompressed JPEG.
    Apparently it is still a common format in the print and creative industry. I don't know if this is a legacy thing, as I believe there are other lossless formats that are superior. Anyone in the industry can confirm?

    I personally never bothered with TIFF.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

  4. #4
    Senior Member G-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    2,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow

    Apparently it is still a common format in the print and creative industry. I don't know if this is a legacy thing, as I believe there are other lossless formats that are superior. Anyone in the industry can confirm?

    I personally never bothered with TIFF.
    I can't speak for others but when doing layouts all images are in TIFF format for us. You could be right that its a legacy thing.

  5. #5

    Default Re: D800 User Thread

    Im a D300s. And a casual shooter
    I shoot families, friends, landscapes and at times, function too (small one that is)
    Do you think I shld get D8oo (*0*)

  6. #6
    Senior Member rain5533's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    S'pore, JB
    Posts
    3,103

    Default Re: D800 User Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sikdik View Post
    Im a D300s. And a casual shooter
    I shoot families, friends, landscapes and at times, function too (small one that is)
    Do you think I shld get D8oo (*0*)
    Hi, Bro
    Now the D800 & D600 is just like korean gangnam style, either you choose on D600 & D800 you also can dance like gangam stlye,
    Once you jump to D600 has different story, unless you wanna pay for extra for D800

  7. #7

    Default Re: D800 User Thread

    Good morning, all.

    Took the D800 to Bintan this week. Here's a shot from the trip:


  8. #8

    Default Re: D800 User Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by san2001 View Post
    Good morning, all.

    Took the D800 to Bintan this week. Here's a shot from the trip:

    nice - the purple colour cast of the photo is caused by the ND filters or you changed it in PP?

  9. #9

    Default Re: D800 User Thread

    Added in PP. I liked it to look a bit gloomy and mysterious.

    The hitech prostop does have a bit of a color cast, but it's more blueish than purple. Easily fixable if one is shooting RAW.

  10. #10

    Default Re: D800 User Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by san2001 View Post
    Added in PP. I liked it to look a bit gloomy and mysterious.

    The hitech prostop does have a bit of a color cast, but it's more blueish than purple. Easily fixable if one is shooting RAW.
    Haha, thanks for the confirmation

    I was guessing the HiTech prostop cos I also own one

  11. #11

    Default Re: D800 User Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by avsquare View Post
    Haha, thanks for the confirmation

    I was guessing the HiTech prostop cos I also own one
    Haha yeah, got tired of waiting for the Lee big stopper which is never ever in stock.

  12. #12

    Default Re: D800 User Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by san2001 View Post
    Haha yeah, got tired of waiting for the Lee big stopper which is never ever in stock.
    Heard from T K that might have to wait until next year lol

  13. #13

    Default Re: D800 User Thread

    Haha yeah, heard something similar too. I bought the foundation kit and the prostop from TK too!

  14. #14
    Senior Member lunas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,656

    Default Re: D800 User Thread

    Nikon D300 | D800 - my flickr!

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by G-man

    I can't speak for others but when doing layouts all images are in TIFF format for us. You could be right that its a legacy thing.
    Shot in raw loss less then after conversion save as tiff. In tiff the colour temperature and all settings already cast in stone. Raw keeps the unprocessed info and can change anytime.

  16. #16
    Senior Member G-man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    2,211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diediealsomustdive

    Shot in raw loss less then after conversion save as tiff. In tiff the colour temperature and all settings already cast in stone. Raw keeps the unprocessed info and can change anytime.
    Shoot always in RAW but the final output i always save as TIFF since the images will be used in commercial printing in my case.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Punggol
    Posts
    75

    Default D800 User Thread II

    Fellw, any recommendation for a camera bag. Which could decently hold my D800 attached with 24-70mm f/2.8 and flash at times. Something which is not very obvious and bulk,

  18. #18
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,642

    Default Re: D800 User Thread

    Sling bag? Haversack? Top loaders? Got to be more specific.

  19. #19

    Default Re: D800 User Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by neesavi View Post
    Fellw, any recommendation for a camera bag. Which could decently hold my D800 attached with 24-70mm f/2.8 and flash at times. Something which is not very obvious and bulk,
    I use TT Retrospec 7
    Shd be able to fit that set + Ipad and wallet and stuff
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/tang_yiming/

  20. #20

    Default Re: D800 User Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by neesavi View Post
    Fellw, any recommendation for a camera bag. Which could decently hold my D800 attached with 24-70mm f/2.8 and flash at times. Something which is not very obvious and bulk,
    I'm using Billingham Pro, quite good
    NikonD800E Nikon 24mm f1.8g;70-200 F2.8 E
    My flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/racingmyheart/

Page 1 of 13 123611 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •