Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MacBook Air 11" with Photoshop CS

Default Re: MacBook Air 11" with Photoshop CS

At the end of the day, it's not going to be fast on MBA, if you only use it when you are out, then it's ok I suppose. My old mbp has specs of newer MBA and it is slow. The screen on 11" might be too small for editing. It's kinda personal choice.

13" mbp with retina screen might be better... 15" even better.

To do editing seriously, iMac is rather good if you prefer Mac and all in one package. Though, pc might be cheaper option, but I just love Mac OS.

Regards,

Hart

Blog Entries

Default Re: MacBook Air 11" with Photoshop CS

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    One of the best for photo editing is the dell ultrasharp series.
    Noted on that. Will consider a dell as I've not heard much of dell. Will see how when i work out my budget for next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    Back to screen size..... I'm using the 15' MBP and already feel that something larger would be more ideal. Given that, can't imagine working with an 11' or 13' screen.
    lol i've never worked on a 15" and again, its perhaps like i've not used something better so i don't quite know the limitation of a 13" even if i do find editing a portrait orientation photo very troublesome.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Is your monitor gamut decent ? If so, then yeah, I don't really understand the craze about Retina display. Can understand for iPhone or even iPad... But not for computer monitors. But I guess people just demand more and more.
    I'm not too sure, i don't do calibration and i've not gotten any feedback about resolution, like in some cases where from the photos, people may ask if the monitor is calibrated, but i've not gotten that before. yea and i couldn't tell the difference, and even put side by side two macbooks one with retina one without, and opening up the same image, and i coouldn't tell the difference. unlike in the case of my ipad which is the previous gen without retina, i compared it to the retina, i could tell the difference. then again, i watched so many videos on my ipad and i still think i enjoy the content of the video more than the resolution of it.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyep View Post
    I do have a 13 inch MBA that I use for editing when I travel. I find the 11 inch to be too small for photoshop work. The panels alone eats lot of space.

Retina display has a better color gamut (~99% sRGB) compared to the standard display (~70% sRGB) on the unibody. The only other useful feature is the scaling, being able to have the workspace resolution of 1920 x 1200. Adobe has only updated their photoshop to support retina few hours ago.
    Oh. but visually i really couldn't tell the difference. Like if you show me the screen and cover all else of the body, i really will think it is the same!

Quote Originally Posted by Agetan View Post
    At the end of the day, it's not going to be fast on MBA, if you only use it when you are out, then it's ok I suppose. My old mbp has specs of newer MBA and it is slow. The screen on 11" might be too small for editing. It's kinda personal choice.

13" mbp with retina screen might be better... 15" even better.

To do editing seriously, iMac is rather good if you prefer Mac and all in one package. Though, pc might be cheaper option, but I just love Mac OS.

Regards,

Hart
    Yes, and i looked at the iMac at 21" (27 will be overkill as my table is a mess really). But something holds me back with regards to the lack of portability. I got a mac to segregate work and personal. Having two systems (not costly since work pc is provided) is a good choice and i don't run parallel system on my mac and i'm a person who needs to segregate stuff like that to help me keep organised.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12