Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Nokia 6260

  1. #1

    Arrow Nokia 6260

    Hey Folks!
    Aside to my MIA photos from FotoHub, I saw the Nokia 6260 at a shop this afternoon. Planning to change a new phone very soon.

    Anybody bought the Nokia 6260? Any comments about the phone's function and reliability?

    Please keep the comments coming!

    Regards,
    -Michelle-

  2. #2

    Default

    One of the current S60 series phones. Can install lots of softwares and games on it. It is a little thicker than other clambshell phones (eg 6170/7270) because of the design of its screen.

  3. #3

    Default

    Hi Mich, save up the money and buy a DSLR instead lah. It's been so long since we last shot together.

    Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.
    Portfolio | Gallery

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silver.wolf
    Hi Mich, save up the money and buy a DSLR instead lah. It's been so long since we last shot together.

    Hahaha... I really want to buy a DSLR also...

    But somehow, I prefer the F5/F6 leh... Still very much a film person.

    Cheers,
    -Michelle-

  5. #5
    Moderator John Teoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    2,059

    Default

    Sorry to say this. I bought it on a Friday night and sold it on a Saturday Morning. The OS is ok for me but the built of the phone was out for my like. Personally, I find it too plastic .

    Cheers
    John

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Teoh
    Sorry to say this. I bought it on a Friday night and sold it on a Saturday Morning. The OS is ok for me but the built of the phone was out for my like. Personally, I find it too plastic .

    Cheers
    John
    Yup, same sentiments from me. I was playing with it for a while. The functions are pretty much the same as any other Nokia phones. But the build, terrible, very plastic feeling.
    Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.
    Portfolio | Gallery

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103
    Hahaha... I really want to buy a DSLR also...

    But somehow, I prefer the F5/F6 leh... Still very much a film person.

    Cheers,
    -Michelle-
    Get a SLR and a DSLR loh. Just like PL

    D2X looks good
    Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.
    Portfolio | Gallery

  8. #8

    Default

    hmmm..
    dunno le
    i was tinking of getting it this coming weekend..

    build and feel i dun really mind le
    how are the functions?? does opening phone book and sms lag??

    thanks..

  9. #9
    Senior Member icarus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    East
    Posts
    3,874

    Talking

    I am using it now. The plastic is so soft and can be easily scratched! Software-wise its very stable. Can't go wrong with S60 OS.
    Yngwie J. Malmsteen - "...I've never considered myself a fast guitar player..."

  10. #10

    Default

    really...so if i buy next week software wise no prob la.. my main concern is if it lags...

    .. haha.... hmmm...the mp3 player and all sounds interesting le..

  11. #11

    Default

    go for 3220. it has a good rubber grip

  12. #12

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    225

    Default

    only lookin at nokia?

    if not.. wait a while... lots cool phones comign out by 2nd or 3rd Q this year... if nothing else... the price of the older models would have dropped... hehe if lookinf fer a flip phone..
    look at sony eriksson's 800 or 802 models... lookin real good

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silver.wolf
    Get a SLR and a DSLR loh. Just like PL

    D2X looks good
    Hahahaha!!!!

    Sure lah of course! Then like that I also want a Hassy Xpan, an Arri SR3, a Bolex, a film scanner, a tripod, a bigger dry-cabi, wide angle lens, projector, my own darkroom, endless supply of films...

    I go Shenton Way tomorrow and see which bank got less security...

    Later!
    -Michelle-

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John Teoh
    Sorry to say this. I bought it on a Friday night and sold it on a Saturday Morning. The OS is ok for me but the built of the phone was out for my like. Personally, I find it too plastic .

    Cheers
    John
    wa john..

    u managed to find buyer sooo fast ah...

    u super..!!!
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

  16. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malakite
    only lookin at nokia?

    if not.. wait a while... lots cool phones comign out by 2nd or 3rd Q this year... if nothing else... the price of the older models would have dropped... hehe if lookinf fer a flip phone..
    look at sony eriksson's 800 or 802 models... lookin real good
    Yo!
    Yeah man... Still prefer Nokia somehow. It's better for SMSing somehow. And I am a huge SMS user.

    My first mobile phone was Siemens, and that was like 4 years back. IMHO, Siemens is quite a hardy and reliable but somehow, it's functions are not really that friendly. Since then, I have been sticking to Nokia but have been very disappointed by the 6610 with it's ever often persisting problematic keypad.

    All I am looking for is a phone that can give good clarity calls, easy to use SMS and perhaps a camera. Functions like Bluetooth or checking emails aren't too important for me.

    Regards,
    -Michelle-

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103
    Hahahaha!!!!

    Sure lah of course! Then like that I also want a Hassy Xpan, an Arri SR3, a Bolex, a film scanner, a tripod, a bigger dry-cabi, wide angle lens, projector, my own darkroom, endless supply of films...

    I go Shenton Way tomorrow and see which bank got less security...

    Later!
    -Michelle-
    Excuse me. Didn't u know banks don't operate on Sunday? Hahahaa... No security at all! So u don't have to travel all the way to Shenton ;P

    Wahhh... u sure are greedy
    Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.
    Portfolio | Gallery

  18. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silver.wolf
    Excuse me. Didn't u know banks don't operate on Sunday? Hahahaa... No security at all! So u don't have to travel all the way to Shenton ;P

    Wahhh... u sure are greedy
    Hahahaha....!!!!

    No security even better lah!

    Eh, this is not called greedy - this is called WISHING... Got difference hor.

    Everybody also wishes for things that they want mah. I also no different - just that my list a little bit longer...

    Regards,
    -Michelle-

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103
    Yo!
    Yeah man... Still prefer Nokia somehow. It's better for SMSing somehow. And I am a huge SMS user.

    My first mobile phone was Siemens, and that was like 4 years back. IMHO, Siemens is quite a hardy and reliable but somehow, it's functions are not really that friendly. Since then, I have been sticking to Nokia but have been very disappointed by the 6610 with it's ever often persisting problematic keypad.

    All I am looking for is a phone that can give good clarity calls, easy to use SMS and perhaps a camera. Functions like Bluetooth or checking emails aren't too important for me.

    Regards,
    -Michelle-
    Huge SMS user?? No wonder u can't afford to buy DSLR lah. Your monthly phone bill sure alot. Heheheee....

    Nokia 6230 Currently, one of the best Nokia phone i used.
    Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.
    Portfolio | Gallery

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103
    Hahahaha....!!!!

    No security even better lah!

    Eh, this is not called greedy - this is called WISHING... Got difference hor.

    Everybody also wishes for things that they want mah. I also no different - just that my list a little bit longer...

    Regards,
    -Michelle-
    mmm ... u need help ? i'll drive the getaway car for u for a 25% cut ... :P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •