Thread: HOw to use Diffuse Glow in Potraits: Help Needed

Default HOw to use Diffuse Glow in Potraits: Help Needed

HI All the pros out here,

Need some help to understand how all of you use the diffuse glow. I am using PS-CS to post process my photos and would like to get help on usinf diffuse glows for potriats. Any pro here can share their diffuse glow method please.

THanks in Advance

Regards
    Sameer

Here's a tutorial on diffuse glow. The method applies to portraits as well.
    Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.
    Portfolio | Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by sameer_Sh65
    HI All the pros out here,

Need some help to understand how all of you use the diffuse glow. I am using PS-CS to post process my photos and would like to get help on usinf diffuse glows for potriats. Any pro here can share their diffuse glow method please.

THanks in Advance

Regards
    Sameer
    Hi

The Diffuse Filter (apart from Gaussian Blur and Unsharp Mask) is one of the few filters I ever use on portraiture.

Firstly if you're using CS, you have a big advantage because you can see the results as you experiment, in the new Filters preview. From V7 backwards you had to anticipate the results and then use a 'FADE' or 'Opacity change on a layer' to control.

Firstly... You should always create a copy of the background layer on which to apply the filter. That way you can always adjust the opacity to control how much of the effect applies.

Most of the rest is obvious. The Grain should be set to whether you want a fine or course grain effect...It's trial and error for the rest....but just watch for burning out the highlights. Secondly experiment with the blending modes on the new layer e.g 'soft Light' with the Diffuse filter can produce some lovely skin tones with a soft focus effect.