Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Accusation of stealing photos/ copyright infringement

Default Re: Accusation of stealing photos/ copyright infringement

what rubbish. that way, many people can be sued for sharing photos on facebook

Zaren,

Think it is not impossible that this may be a misunderstanding though I'm certain most of the people whose photos you experimented on will not think that you were trying to pass off their works as your own.

To a unknowing passerby it could appear that way if you put the visibility setting as public. I think you can continue doing what you've done, but make the photos visible only to yourself in future (i.e. private), that's what I do, it will help to avoid future misunderstandings (if indeed this was one, which as others have pointed out, is questionable)

I think more importantly, you should keep doing what you do. It adds value, and you should not let this incident prevent such action on your part.

Cheers!
    Last edited by edutilos-; 8th December 2012 at 08:43 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nitewalk View Post
    LOL WUT. That looks damn familiar.

Come to think of it, both you and Zaren edited my photos before. Not that I am complaining, more like I would be paiseh that people spend time on my photo and help me with it, with no returns and feel gratitude about it. I believe many people who received such help here would feel the same way. And yes, like i mentioned, who on earth will go through such trouble to pp someone else's shot which could have mistakes all over and pass off as his own? Might as well pass off a great shot as his what.
    you wanna sue me? for posting it on my fb and infringing copyrights hahaha!

ps arh nite, don't wanna use my flickr space for uploading this kind of stuff. personal preference to keep flickr stuff only limited to images shot by me hahaha
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 8th December 2012 at 07:02 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart

you wanna sue me? for posting it on my fb and infringing copyrights hahaha!

ps arh nite, don't wanna use my flickr space for uploading this kind of stuff. personal preference to keep flickr stuff only limited to images shot by me hahaha
    Hahahah i'm more than grateful you worked on my image! True also actually i always had a feeling that flickr is for my own shots, just as facebook is, so if i were to work on someone else's shot i might have to break that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    If it's a picture of mine that I post for critique and you just have it on Flickr so you can show me the suggested changes... I would not be mad because you're not leeching.
    agreed on that but still we must pointed out bro that the photos are not ours and give credit to the original photographer :-) even if I posted a photo from the net to show in my CS response or my thread I always put there that the photos came from this site and not mine :-). Come to think you posted it in your flickr which other will see and thinks it's yours :-)
    <<<<<Hobo in Singapore >>>> View My 500px

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    oui you sleeping ar? its not the anger/frustration of photo owners. its some random 3rd party who are too bored and wanna pick a fight. owner didn't say a thing.

lollollol
    Yeah I am sleeping wait ah till I woke up and took your photos and PP them and post them in my flickr and CS then not acknowledging you or add info to the flickr photo that you're the owner then see what you will say then? Always remember this when you borrow something always ask permission 1st or give credit or mentioned that you're not the photographer, so to me regradless who complaints the fact that someone borrow someone's photos and posted it in their personal flickr and posted here in CS without the owner's consent still not nice. But in Jaren case he posted his mistake and oversight and apologize that's a responsible photographer :-). Will you do the same?

Where's your common sense ah? lost it while sleeping? lolololz
    Last edited by albertri; 8th December 2012 at 08:39 AM.

Edutilos, yes, noted thx.
    Orion 9v images also made the same point before he deleted his post.

you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by albertri View Post
    Yeah I am sleeping wait ah till I woke up and took your photos and PP them and post them in my flickr and CS then not acknowledging you or add info to the flickr photo that you're the owner then see what you will say then? Always remember this when you borrow something always ask permission 1st or give credit or mentioned that you're not the photographer, so to me regradless who complaints the fact that someone borrow someone's photos and posted it in their personal flickr and posted here in CS without the owner's consent still not nice. But in Jaren case he posted his mistake and oversight and apologize that's a responsible photographer :-). Will you do the same?

Where's your common sense ah? lost it while sleeping? lolololz

next time just include a clause into the TnC. if you wanna be that picky about things. make sure include a link back to the thread the image was from.
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 8th December 2012 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post

next time just include a clause into the TnC. if you wanna be that picky about things. make sure include a link back to the thread the image was from.
    Yep that what I do always also as a courtesy to the photo owners. I think this is nothing to do with being picky just a matter of mutual respect. In the digital age and internet these things sometimes getting blurred, to me it's simple if you don't own it and want to use it for what ever reason please ask permission 1st or recognized the owner, that's the general unwritten rule.

Enjoy and have fun cheers!

Blog Entries

My utmost respect for my fellow mod Zaren, don't let this small incident stop the good work that you have been doing.

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    My utmost respect for my fellow mod Zaren, don't let this small incident stop the good work that you have been doing.
    yeah true me too I really admire his honesty he could just say other things but he instead apologize that's a true gentleman :-) (hope Zaren is a he not she) hehe

yup i have done similar thing too showing TS his photo has potential to turn into something else and used his photo to tweak it as example. I kept the watermark present in a way to acknowledge his work and sometimes i just upload to flicker and upload forgetting to tweak the privacy settings as to me it is jusy a way to upload to clubsnap and not so much as sharing to flicket community.

Looks like we need to be careful from now on

I seldom modify other people's pics these days, prev when I did I :
    1. ask for permission on the forum and only proceed when confirmation is received.
    2. upload using imageshack (at least it won't be in my personal album/showcase etc -- hey, I won't want someone else's photo in my photostream/portfolio ...).

that person v bad... as if his pic is worth that much... I've encounted similar incident whereby just last month I was shocked to see my photo being on display at 1 of the 2 major cam players gallery, in a competition, this poly kid won 1st prize for it... but it was my pic! I decided to let it slide, let him win the prize

Quote Originally Posted by dennisc View Post
    that person v bad... as if his pic is worth that much... I've encounted similar incident whereby just last month I was shocked to see my photo being on display at 1 of the 2 major cam players gallery, in a competition, this poly kid won 1st prize for it... but it was my pic! I decided to let it slide, let him win the prize
    Are you kidding?

This is a very dishonest action and you should report him. Someone else more deserving should take the prize.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Are you kidding?

This is a very dishonest action and you should report him. Someone else more deserving should take the prize.
    bro edutilos is right.

this is not "playing the nice guy". this is closing both your eyes and letting someone do something unscrupulous. you should report this to the company.

you need to show the kid what he's done is wrong. what you're doing is telling the kid that he can get away with illegal activities.

this is not right and this is off topic.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

would appreciate if you could show a little respect to Mod zeren by not to go OT in his thread,

please let me know if you want me to move the post to a new thread for further discussion.

thank you.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Hey zaren, very sorry to see this sort of accusation occuring in here. For me I have a seperate gallery in cs indicating for c&c. Under title will the photographer's nick. I think it will be good practise for you to avoid future misunderstandings.

This incident reminds me to go and delete the photos since its been a while since.

Would also like to remind everyone to be civil and refrain from accusations of other members being trolls. Not surprised if the situation from yesteryear about newbies still afraid to make their first post still exists to this day.

New member doesn't mean they are out to make trouble, old member does not mean they do not have fault. We are trying to be inclusive, since it has happened, no harm in discussing it calmly and set some ground rules.

Cheers and have a merry Xmas!

Keep it going Zaren, don't let this belittle what you had done for the community. Just credit accordingly. Many had benefit from such acts of yours, including myself. Hopefully both of them will realize that this is a honest act from this thread and not stealing photos. YNWA!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast