Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 52

Thread: Commuters pays for it??

  1. #21

    Default Re: Commuters pays for it??

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    i'm all for nationalisation of this industry.
    Costs are already nationalized.
    Profits are privatised though.

  2. #22

    Default Re: Commuters pays for it??

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
    Commuters can chose not to take the bus, mrt, and taxi.......

    See, you have the answer.... it is not possible. There's no alternative. Just like.... Greeny, Sunny, and Red umbrella............
    you may be joking / half serious

    But my neighbor even more serious. Crazy angmoh cycles to work between Redhill and Bukit Batok area.

    Burn his potato-laden calories but quite dangerous. Worse when it rains.
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  3. #23
    Senior Member Kit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Upper Bukit Timah
    Posts
    11,650

    Default Re: Commuters pays for it??

    If SMRT gets its way, there's no reason why SBS Transit can't follow suit. Start from buses, then to trains, cabs.....

    Ah gong already bought buses for them. Feeding them more equates to nurturing incompetency. They have million of commuters and no competitors. Telling me they are not profitting is just another incompetent excuse for covering up incompetency.

  4. #24
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Commuters pays for it??

    It is through public facilities such as SMRT and MRT that national wealth is being shared equally between rich and poor.

    A big problem is the rich don't use them.


  5. #25

    Default Re: Commuters pays for it??

    minister is an opportunist. offers quick fix solution only.

    my view is that the Chairman should go. he misdirected the co. lost focus during saw's reign. now refocus to an 'engineering co'. however, the problems are deep seated as admitted by BG kuek. lately, labour problems from bus operations.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 8th December 2012 at 10:43 AM.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Halfmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore.
    Posts
    4,590

    Default Re: Commuters pays for it??

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    you may be joking / half serious

    But my neighbor even more serious. Crazy angmoh cycles to work between Redhill and Bukit Batok area.

    Burn his potato-laden calories but quite dangerous. Worse when it rains.
    Well..... my post.... are intended as it was.

    It depend on if you like to see it as half filled or half empty...........

    That's why our government does not want bicycle lane..... because buses and MRT will have lesser profit!!!!

    Frankly, Singapore is small enough to cycle to work, and we can make this a REAL GARDEN CITY!!!! Lesser pollution, and more healthy Singaporean. Why not good? Buses and MRT no business, hospital no business....

    Seems we are just a battery to the matrix!
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Halfmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore.
    Posts
    4,590

    Default Re: Commuters pays for it??

    Quote Originally Posted by Kit View Post
    If SMRT gets its way, there's no reason why SBS Transit can't follow suit. Start from buses, then to trains, cabs.....

    Ah gong already bought buses for them. Feeding them more equates to nurturing incompetency. They have million of commuters and no competitors. Telling me they are not profitting is just another incompetent excuse for covering up incompetency.
    It is all linked.......... in some ways........ and in business.... it is I scratch your back, and you scratch mine...
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

  8. #28

    Default Re: Commuters pays for it??

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
    Well..... my post.... are intended as it was.

    It depend on if you like to see it as half filled or half empty...........

    That's why our government does not want bicycle lane..... because buses and MRT will have lesser profit!!!!

    Frankly, Singapore is small enough to cycle to work, and we can make this a REAL GARDEN CITY!!!! Lesser pollution, and more healthy Singaporean. Why not good? Buses and MRT no business, hospital no business....

    Seems we are just a battery to the matrix!
    if you are scared that transport operators earn $ $ $ $ so much our backs hurt, buy some of their shares. only as expensive as L lens and will have rate of return too
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  9. #29

    Default Re: Commuters pays for it??

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
    Well..... my post.... are intended as it was.

    It depend on if you like to see it as half filled or half empty...........

    That's why our government does not want bicycle lane..... because buses and MRT will have lesser profit!!!!

    Frankly, Singapore is small enough to cycle to work, and we can make this a REAL GARDEN CITY!!!! Lesser pollution, and more healthy Singaporean. Why not good? Buses and MRT no business, hospital no business....

    Seems we are just a battery to the matrix!
    bicycle land, makes cycling friendly but cycling is not Testicle friendly for male.

  10. #30

    Default Re: Commuters pays for it??

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    bicycle land, makes cycling friendly but cycling is not Testicle friendly for male.
    Its not like we need em

  11. #31

    Default Re: Commuters pays for it??

    Quote Originally Posted by fotoudavid View Post
    Pay increase for bus drivers may affect bus fares - inSing.com

    what the heck..... SMRT management fails, peasants bear the cost?? Now since SMRT earns so much, why they cannot bear the **** they stir? Just because stake holders want same profit margin??

    seriously..... the so call talent who raised their own salaries must do better then this...
    Not just SMRT lar... it always like that for all business...

    The profit is always an X and whatever the clients want, lets call Y + their cost, say Z and combination of XYZ makes the total... so if people complaint, they change something, it incur more cost, of course, the Z will go up and the whole equation just shifted up mar?

    Just a simple business equation.

    Regards,

    Hart

  12. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma

    if you are scared that transport operators earn $ $ $ $ so much our backs hurt, buy some of their shares. only as expensive as L lens and will have rate of return too
    Management already sap away most of the money under "salaries" already leh... Haha!

    Plus, (and more seriously now) efficiency ratios for SMRT aren't that impressive? Of course, public transport isn't my sector of expertise, so I shall not comment further.

    While the dividend yield continues to be significantly high, I think the commuter-cum-shareholder is still in a net loss position.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

  13. #33

    Default Re: Commuters pays for it??

    who is the Substantial Shareholder in this case?

  14. #34

    Default Re: Commuters pays for it??

    the Top 3

    Company Overview

    Temasek Holdings (Private) Limited 54.28%

    DBSN Services Pte. Ltd. provides nominee services. It is based in Singapore. DBSN Services Pte. Ltd. is a subsidiary of DBS Bank Ltd. 5.08%

    DBS Nominees Pte. Ltd. provides nominee services. The company was incorporated in 1969 and is based in Singapore. DBS Nominees Pte. Ltd. operates as a subsidiary of DBS Bank Ltd. 3.93%







  15. #35
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Commuters pays for it??

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    who is the Substantial Shareholder in this case?
    The people of Singapore?

  16. #36

    Default Re: Commuters pays for it??

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    The people of Singapore?
    The people of Singapore playing The people of Singapore...

  17. #37
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Commuters pays for it??

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    The people of Singapore playing The people of Singapore...
    Well, the people of Singapore entrusting the cream of Singapore doing great things for the larger good of Singapore.

  18. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion

    Well, the people of Singapore entrusting the cream of Singapore doing great things for the larger good of Singapore.
    ... By continuously paying more and more...!
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

  19. #39
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Commuters pays for it??

    Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow View Post
    ... By continuously paying more and more...!
    That's because we a living in Moregapore.

  20. #40
    Senior Member Halfmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore.
    Posts
    4,590

    Default Re: Commuters pays for it??

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    if you are scared that transport operators earn $ $ $ $ so much our backs hurt, buy some of their shares. only as expensive as L lens and will have rate of return too
    You can buy their shares....... but if you are not one of the directors, board, you are not reaping enough money.... and most of these people are from where????

    Sometimes, I feel the list of directors, boards are almost as long as my wishlist for lens & accessories....... and they get paid dividend??? For sitting on the board??? etc???

    ??????
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •