Thread: Wedding photographers pls help me....

Default Wedding photographers pls help me....

Intend to get a D70 mainly for wedding photoshoot and for my company's events. Basically mostly is shooting people I tink. Can recommend me a lens? Is the stock len good enough? If no good can recommend me a value for $ lens? Do i need a wide angle lens for group photo and tele lens for closeup shot?

Oso tink i need a decent flash light rite? Any recommendation oso? Thanks a lot.....

Blog Entries

D70 with kit lens and a SB600 for a value buy.
    Lens and flash can be upgraded if budget is not a problem

Personally I find the kit lens very versatile

Quote Originally Posted by ortega

oic...i always thot stock stuff are always no good....haha....the kit lens is versatile as in it can be a WA and tele lens, performing good job?
    SB600? hmm.....know nothing about flash light anyway......wats the thing to look out for in a flash kit? Thanks a lot....

Quote Originally Posted by ortega

Why don't you elaborate more for him to understand, why you recomemnd this setup for him?

The kit lens is more than good enough for the job. It's more versatile than the expensive 17-35 and 17-55 for framing shots and it doesn't attract much attention because of it's small size. I would recommend complementing this lens with a 60mm F2.8 micro to handle your macro and low-light (i.e church) duties.

Quote Originally Posted by thoa_rs
    The kit lens is more than good enough for the job. It's more versatile than the expensive 17-35 and 17-55 for framing shots and it doesn't attract much attention because of it's small size. I would recommend complementing this lens with a 60mm F2.8 micro to handle your macro and low-light (i.e church) duties.

60mm? I thot 60mm shld be normal lens? Marco shld be less than 50mm rite?
    What about flash kit? SB600 good enough?

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by thoa_rs
    The 18-70DX would suffice if you're not too particular about quality, the range is versatile of course.

For lowlight I'd prefer the 50 f/1.8 for that -1 stop difference, -$300 difference is worth it

Blog Entries

it depends on your shooting style, remember that I wrote "value buy",
    which means cheap and good.

And that if $$$ was not a problem then the 2 items can be upgraded to something better.

For the flash upgrade - SB800 more info on the diff between the flashes can be found in the nikon treads. If you go for the SB-800 get the battery pack (SD-8A)as well.

For the lens upgrade - depends on shooting style. - more info can be found in the nikon treads.

A WA is a must for group shots in tight situations.

My normal walkaround gear is the kit lens, 105 macro and sb-24.
    This, I find is very versitile.

for paid jobs, I will bring along a 12-24 and SD-8 as well.

You might want to get a wider lens to compliment the kit lens (12-24)
    I don't really like the 50mm FOV after Crop factor. Not here, not there.
    The fast fstop will be useful, but I am more of a composition man, so if i dont like what I see in viewfinder, I just don't shoot.

Since you are shooting weddings and events, flash is a must, and DOF is also needed. I'd still recommend the kit lens as you will not be using the F1.8 very much.
    And I suppose that you would not have the luxury of time to change lenses.

I think that that is enough information for now, read the other treads to find out more.

Try D70, Sigma 18-50mm f2.8 DC, SB800 setup
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kensh09
    60mm? I thot 60mm shld be normal lens? Marco shld be less than 50mm rite?
    What about flash kit? SB600 good enough?
    The 50mm is the normal lens.
    macro means that the lens can give you magnification of 1:2 or 1:1 full frame.

find out more

www.nikon.com.sg

Flash kit, SB-600 good enough for not so fast paced shooting
    But for really demanding work, go for the combination of SB-800 and SD-8A. That is mainly because the SB-600 cannot take the SD-8A battery pack.