Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: Two China workers perched on top of a crane in protest over owed wages

  1. #21
    Senior Member Halfmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore.
    Posts
    4,590

    Default Re: Two China workers perched on top of a crane in protest over owed wages

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    because they only caused trouble for themselves... and not inconvenience others. Singaporeans typically do not care about others unless it involves them directly in some way or another
    Mmmmm....... it is still the same issue... money... root of all evil.....

    According to one GREAT SAGE.... all we need to do is to just PAY THEM ENOUGH, and there will not be any CORRUPTION!!!
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

  2. #22

    Default Re: Two China workers perched on top of a crane in protest over owed wages

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
    Mmmmm....... it is still the same issue... money... root of all evil.....

    According to one GREAT SAGE.... all we need to do is to just PAY THEM ENOUGH, and there will not be any CORRUPTION!!!
    a sage or idiot? money can never be enough.
    Last edited by ninelives; 9th December 2012 at 01:29 PM.
    Objection !!!

  3. #23
    Senior Member Halfmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore.
    Posts
    4,590

    Default Re: Two China workers perched on top of a crane in protest over owed wages

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    a sage or idiot? money cant never be enough.
    Well..... I think his surname start with L _ _.
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Two China workers perched on top of a crane in protest over owed wages

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
    Well..... I think his surname start with L _ _.
    be careful... Samsung's chairman's name is L _ _ too.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Halfmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore.
    Posts
    4,590

    Default Re: Two China workers perched on top of a crane in protest over owed wages

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    be careful... Samsung's chairman's name is L _ _ too.
    Samsung??? L _ _ is too common....... anyone could have said it....
    Last edited by Halfmoon; 8th December 2012 at 02:17 AM.
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Two China workers perched on top of a crane in protest over owed wages

    Thought MOM said they protect workers' rights regardless of whether they are local or foreign.

    Can the 2 China workers clarify whether they have previously made a complaint directly to MOM over owed wages that were never paid.

    If yes, and nothing was done by MOM, then what is the explanation.
    Last edited by ricohflex; 8th December 2012 at 09:42 PM.

  7. #27

    Default Re: Two China workers perched on top of a crane in protest over owed wages

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Thought MOM said they protect workers' rights regardless of whether they are local or foreign.

    Can the 2 China workers clarify whether they have previously made a complaint directly to MOM over owed wages that were never paid.

    If yes, and nothing was done by MOM, then what is the explanation.
    MOM says they asked both of the China Worker to bring proper documentation then can proceed officially. Taichi.

  8. #28
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Two China workers perched on top of a crane in protest over owed wages

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming View Post
    MOM says they asked both of the China Worker to bring proper documentation then can proceed officially. Taichi.
    normal one. i see taichi like free everywhere one...

  9. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dreaming
    MOM says they asked both of the China Worker to bring proper documentation then can proceed officially. Taichi.
    Yeah sure.. the employer will give documents that can incriminate themselves. The onus should be on them to prove otherwise

  10. #30
    Senior Member Halfmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore.
    Posts
    4,590

    Default Re: Two China workers perched on top of a crane in protest over owed wages

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Thought MOM said they protect workers' rights regardless of whether they are local or foreign.

    Can the 2 China workers clarify whether they have previously made a complaint directly to MOM over owed wages that were never paid.

    If yes, and nothing was done by MOM, then what is the explanation.
    MOM protect workers right?? Is that not part of Union?? But is union part of the government?? No?? But the Union is headed by a Minister?? Yes??? But he is not a Union??? But he is government??? No, only part of it??? Yes??? He is playing banker and player??? No, it is not that way??? He win both way??? No, he is just doing his job??? His job?? Yes, a job??? And also, a millionaire??? No... it should be multimillionaire??? Talent??? No??? What?? Is talent??? Talent??? Yes?? Why not??? For passing exams??? Yes... talent??? Can you?? No... non-talent?? No scholarship??? No talent???

    Anyway.... I am more familiar with ISO, Tv, Av, and shutter button!!!
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

  11. #31
    Member 9V-Orion Images's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Autenticate ALGRN @ 7987.8270
    Posts
    1,760

    Default Re: Two China workers perched on top of a crane in protest over owed wages

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
    MOM protect workers right?? Is that not part of Union?? But is union part of the government?? No?? But the Union is headed by a Minister?? Yes??? But he is not a Union??? But he is government??? No, only part of it??? Yes??? He is playing banker and player??? No, it is not that way??? He win both way??? No, he is just doing his job??? His job?? Yes, a job??? And also, a millionaire??? No... it should be multimillionaire??? Talent??? No??? What?? Is talent??? Talent??? Yes?? Why not??? For passing exams??? Yes... talent??? Can you?? No... non-talent?? No scholarship??? No talent???

    Anyway.... I am more familiar with ISO, Tv, Av, and shutter button!!!
    Last time our union asked us to voluntarily take pay cuts before they're forced to agree with management to impose them wor.
    Last edited by 9V-Orion Images; 9th December 2012 at 04:01 AM.
    CS Aviation / Flickr
    Per aspera ad astra

  12. #32
    Senior Member Halfmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore.
    Posts
    4,590

    Default Re: Two China workers perched on top of a crane in protest over owed wages

    Quote Originally Posted by 9V-Orion Images View Post
    Last time our union asked us to voluntarily take pay cuts before they're forced to agree with management to impose them wor.
    Wooow... so proactive Union... uniquely Singapore only!!!
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

  13. #33
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Two China workers perched on top of a crane in protest over owed wages

    Quote Originally Posted by jojoane View Post
    Foreign workers have a tough time in Singapore. I personally would like to thank them for their hard work.
    i think everyone has a tough time in sg lah hor.

  14. #34
    Deregistered allenleonhart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,656
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Two China workers perched on top of a crane in protest over owed wages

    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
    Mmmmm....... it is still the same issue... money... root of all evil.....

    According to one GREAT SAGE.... all we need to do is to just PAY THEM ENOUGH, and there will not be any CORRUPTION!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    a sage or idiot? money can never be enough.
    CNB Scandal
    SCDF Scandal
    How many top level execs involved in this ar?

    Lapses?

    just across this year i believe. sure no one is 100% perfect... but i think we can expect more from them
    Last edited by allenleonhart; 9th December 2012 at 10:57 PM.

  15. #35
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Two China workers perched on top of a crane in protest over owed wages

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    Yeah sure.. the employer will give documents that can incriminate themselves. The onus should be on them to prove otherwise
    And what if workers everywhere come making unsubstantiated claims? Then MOM have to investigate all the cases without any proof? Oh dear, all the MOM people better quit then.

  16. #36
    Senior Member Halfmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore.
    Posts
    4,590

    Default Re: Two China workers perched on top of a crane in protest over owed wages

    Quote Originally Posted by allenleonhart View Post
    CNB Scandal
    SCDF Scandal
    How many top level execs involved in this ar?

    Lapses?

    just across this year i believe. sure no one is 100% perfect... but i think we can expect more from them
    and I believe these are only tip of the ice berg.....
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

  17. #37

    Default Re: Two China workers perched on top of a crane in protest over owed wages

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    And what if workers everywhere come making unsubstantiated claims? Then MOM have to investigate all the cases without any proof?
    I think you underestimate people's good nature. Actually there are a lot of studies about whether people will take advantage of these kind of loopholes.
    Unsubstantiated does not mean its untrue. I think any sane person wouldn't climb a crane unless they are desperate enough.
    And no one said being a public servant would be an easy job.

    Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    Oh dear, all the MOM people better quit then.
    Why? They don't get paid? Or living in a cramped dorm?

  18. #38
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Two China workers perched on top of a crane in protest over owed wages

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    I think you underestimate people's good nature. Actually there are a lot of studies about whether people will take advantage of these kind of loopholes.
    Unsubstantiated does not mean its untrue. I think any sane person wouldn't climb a crane unless they are desperate enough.
    And no one said being a public servant would be an easy job.
    I never said that it wasn't unsubstantiated. But it does seem logical that word of mouth (from 2 workers, assuming this was the only case of unhappiness with the company) is insufficient cause to launch any investigation? Similarly, just because someone climbs a crane doesn't mean that the case is necessarily true.

    As it turned out, they did not have any salary arrears.

  19. #39

    Default

    One word ... Endure ... Unless u r rich ..

  20. #40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jojoane

    Foreign workers have a tough time in Singapore. I personally would like to thank them for their hard work.
    I second that, the compound around my hdb estate has been well maintained by well mannered Indian from the town council. I can see from my own eye that they have been working hard, I pity that they work from 6am to 7pm Monday to Sunday without weekend rest. I can also see some of my neighbour who are local having drink and eating peanuts in void deck and littering like their own place. Without foreign worker I wonder who in Singapore will do there work for us to clear our own ****.

    Yes we work hard too, but we have a shelter and family with us. We have more choice of what we want to work as and who to work for.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •