Thread: Purchase brand new Nikon D70 body from Korea

Default Purchase brand new Nikon D70 body from Korea

Dear All,

Heard from my Korean colleague that brand new D70 body is below S$1300 in Korea. I understand that D70 allows setting of menu language to English so I dont see any reason why it cannot be used here. It also comes with international warranty too. Regarding manuals and softwares, I can download from the Nikon website.

Does anyone have any good/bad experience to share?

Thanks in advance.

I believe the current price drop for D70 (body only) should also be arnd $1300 or even lower here in SG. not much difference at all.

huh? doesn't make sense.. so what happens if a korean brings his D70 over (for work or holiday) and it spoils during his stay here? mm..
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Thanks to PinoySAP for the price matchup. Don't think I want to get one now if the price is similar.

As for warranty, my Korean colleague has a D70 and said he has got international warranty for it. He bought it in Korea just before coming to be stationed in SG for at least 2 years. I believe he knows what he is doing.

Deregistered

I seriously doubt it.

Even professional DSLRs like the D2X/D2H/D2Hs doesn't come with international warranty, what's less a D70/D100.

Just check his warranty card will know, as long as it's not chopped "Nikon Singapore" and the receipt is not from a local vendor, the warranty will not be honoured.

Warranty for digital bodies are only valid in country of purchase.

Default New Canon 10D at $1700?

Now, this Korean colleague of mine just pop over to my desk to tell me that a brand new Canon 10D is selling at $1700. Now, I suppose we can get a similar price in SG too, PinoySAP can confirm?

Second thought, wouldnt this spoil the market for those who are selling letting go of their 10D ..... Price pushed further down south....

Deregistered

10Ds at TCW new, grey sets are going for $1900.

Deregistered

FYI:

Nikon Singapore's warranty policy -

Local Warranty : http://www.nikon.com.sg//TechSupp/wa...ALWARRANTY.htm

International Warranty : http://www.nikon.com.sg//TechSupp/wa...ALWARRANTY.htm

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    10Ds at TCW new, grey sets are going for $1900.
    uncle don told me $1500

Deregistered

Issit? The price was given to me by a friend who's sourcing for a 10D.

Thanks Espn for the heads up. Will tell my colleague that he has to fork out $$ if he wants to do repairs in SG. Otherwise, he can wait till he make his short trips back home.

Hmmm...can save another $200 if I want a grey set.