Thread: Freeze Frame questions

Default Freeze Frame questions

I have this problem with capturing moving people.I set my aperture at F3.2 and my ISO at 400, which gives it about a shutter speed of 1/15 to 1/7in ballroom lighting.Even in Continous Focus mode, my people subjects turned out to be blurry motions.I can't sacrifice brightness, so what can I do?I need to capture them clear and sharp.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Blog Entries

what you need to do is to increase your shutter speed.
    This can be done by increasing the aperture or higher ISO.
    Don't forget about adding more light.

Maybe using flash?

My camera has a lot of noise at ISO800.Im using a prosumer.not much I can do about it huh...I guess..
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz
    I have this problem with capturing moving people.I set my aperture at F3.2 and my ISO at 400, which gives it about a shutter speed of 1/15 to 1/7in ballroom lighting.Even in Continous Focus mode, my people subjects turned out to be blurry motions.I can't sacrifice brightness, so what can I do?I need to capture them clear and sharp.
    What camera are you using ???

You can try to set your DC to manual mode, 1/60sec or faster, f3.2, ISO 100, flash ON, no zoom, go close to your object , flash compensate according exposure.
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz
    As has been suggested, to freeze moving subjects, you need a higher shutter speed (preferably 1/60s and above). You can accomplish this in one of 3 ways, 1) Use a larger aperture, 2) Use higher ISO, 3) Underexpose a little, or a combination of the 3. If you can't do 1), may try 2) and 3), push exposure a little in post-processing, and use noise-reduction software to clean up. You can't fix motion blur in post-processing but you sure can do something about noise and under-exposure.

OTOH, if you do it correctly, motion blurring of dancing folk can convey a sense of movement and dynamism to the picture, which can be quite pleasing.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by ken111111
    What camera are you using ???
    FinePix S5000Z